69 million page views

False statements are not appreciated, either.

Reader comment on item: Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam
in response to reader comment: *rolls eyes*

Submitted by John (United States), Jul 25, 2008 at 20:32

Heather:

Pardon me, but your comments are not appreciated, either. There is a big difference between my statements and yours, however. My statements are absolutely correct. Yours are NOT !

Heather, you are what is commonly referred to as a "RIGHT FIGHTER." You fight just to be right, even when you are wrong.

I gave Timothy McVeigh as absolutely incontestable proof of the falsity of your statement. You cannot deny that McVeigh was a terrorist. You also cannot claim that McVeigh was a muslim. Therefore, you cannot claim that your statement is correct, nor can you claim that my statement was incorrect.

Still, you come back and say "** Rolls eyes **" and "Your sarcasm is not appreciated, John." That's what a "right fighter" would do. A mature person would either learn by their mistake and become a better person for it, or politely apologize (not necessary !), or simply acknowledge the (minor booboo and forget about it (also not necessary !).

Think about something. If, in an African-American newspaper, you were told of an article that said something about a "caucasian murderer" killing an African-American youngster on a bicycle by driving recklessly, and the article went on to refer to all caucasian women being reckless drivers, wouldn't you (rightly) be offended?

Have you not heard many people in the U.S. Government (regardless of what your feelings are about the war), make it very clear that we are "not at war with the Muslim People, it is a war on terrorism?" I know I have.

Do you realize that there are 1.5 BILLION Muslims in the world? If we were at war with the Muslims as you claimed, I would suggest that you 1.) remove all sharp objects from your pockets, 2.) bend over, and 3.) kiss your behind goodbye, because we all would be about to die, being outnumbered by far. Seriously !

Be a little smarter than the average person. Think. When you say something that can reach trillions (?) of people around the world on the internet, be sure you are correct. Don't risk offending someone with a false statement. If you speak correct facts, or your own opinion, and either offend someone, then it is THEIR problem. If you make a false statement and offend someone, it is YOUR problem.

I don't hate you, Heather. I don't even dislike you. In fact, I hope that you are as pretty as your name suggests that you are! NO, i'm not flirting, I'm happily married. Just think about it, OK? Don't be so defensive. It was a simple mistake. We all make them. Just learn by it, OK?

All Muslims do not hate us. And only about 10 % (estimated) are "Jihadists" or "terrorists." The other 90 % are good, peaceful people, just like us. They don't like the Jihadists, either. Be kind to them, OK?

And smile ! John

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to False statements are not appreciated, either. by John

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)