3 readers online now  |  69 million page views

"Hatred paralyzes life"

Reader comment on item: Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam
in response to reader comment: I wish white people would understand, that blacks want to have equality and liberty, not to be white people.

Submitted by barbara bovee (United States), Apr 6, 2008 at 22:55

If you think America has done you wrong - look to Africa - in many African countries rape is not illegal. In Niger 70% of the female population has reported being raped and potentially exposed to the AIDS virus as their reward, I imagine the other 30% just failed to report. Other African countries have laws on the books but do nothing to enforce them. The same is true of some Latin American countries. Asia, India women are thrown into slave trade. No matter how bad life in the US is, others are far less fortunate. Look up Burma and Tibet. We live in a great nation.

As for the Barack Obama there were no vile accusations, just FACTS. He belonged to Trinity for 20 years. Obama's mentor was Rev. Wright. Wright bases his "Black Liberation Theology" on the writing of Dr. James Cone (per the TUCC website). Cone defines Black Liberation Theology as, "Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community. . . . Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy." So, this is the GOD they pray to at Trinity. Wow.

You are right in saying some will not support Obama just because he is Black. I'll add there are many who support him just because he is. I don't know of any "white" church. Where I live there is no segregation. I can assure you, we do not, nor does the minister talk of killing any enemies, giving anyone AIDS, nor doing away with other's gods or anyone deserving 9/11. We do not use the N word when referencing ANYONE, much less a presidential candidate.

Martin Luther King said, "Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

I don't think MLK would approve of Rev Wright. I think he'd be for Hillary.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to "Hatred paralyzes life" by barbara bovee

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)