1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Muslim boyhood MUST have left a lasting impression on Obama, he's a liability although PROBABLY a DECENT person

Reader comment on item: Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam

Submitted by Goran A. (Israel), Jan 11, 2008 at 01:25

I have nothing against Obama personally. Probably he is a very decent person.

But, like a person who, whether he is aware of it or not, is a carrier of a dormant virus, he may be lethally dangerous !"Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" .

Friday sermons in that mosque may well have planted in the young boy sentiments extremely dangerous in the president of the USA.

I am not American. However, due to my father's diplomatic post I attended an American school as a boy at the same age Obama attended a Muslim school. I have subsequently had to spend half of my life living under Communism but those years in the American school forever infused me with a spirit of freedom which sadly I did not witness among my school friends when I returned to my Communist homeland.

The attitudes and atmosphere one experiences in childhood leave a deep impression in the adult, at least in his subconscious mind.

His susceptible child's soul MUST have been exposed, even at that age, to the overall sentiment Islam has towards non-Muslims: to subjugate them, or to "Slay the infidels, wherever you find them" (Koran 9:5)

My concern is:

Are we completely sure Obama will, in carrying out US policy as President, suddenly not feel twitches of misplaced sympathy for some Islamic country ?

Are we absolutely and 100 % sure that among the thoughts that may resurface in his mind (albeit involuntarily) from his boyhood years one will not be:

" Maybe the Almighty, by bringing me to the White House, is mandating me to do his foremost bidding: to prevail over the Kafrs (infidels) " ?

Let's not forget : if elected President he will have command over the deployment of the mighty US army, including even nuclear weapons !

Those who think the risk is small, note that what is frightening is not the probability Obama is a closet Muslim (and that he became a Christian out of convenience), but the AMOUNT OF DANGER i.e. the harm he could do IF he is.

Mathematically: r = p x A

That is to say:

risk of real danger = probability of danger X AMOUNT OF TOTAL DANGER

"p" may be very small (I think maybe 2 %), but "A" is gigantic (the future of the USA)!! Therefore "r" is frighteningly high !

Let me explain by examples:

If I want to go out late in the freezing evening to buy chips for a snack, but am not sure if the store is still open (my chances being, say, only 20 %), I would do it, because even though the probability is quite high (80 %) that I am going in vain, I will not suffer grave consequences if that happens to be the case.

But if I want to go to that same store knowing there is even a VERY SMALL chance (say, only 2 %) that an escaped convict (who kills indiscriminately) is hiding in it, then I would NOT go because even though the probability is small (only 2 %), the amount of total danger (my life! - since I could get killed) is so great that the risk of real danger is unacceptable !

Empirically it can be shown that when lives are at stake then, even in essential and desirable activities, the known probability of danger should not be greater than 1 in at least 100,000, i.e. for example when boarding a passenger plane. The calculation of the risk need not be done consciously but subconsciously. But we must know there IS a probability and that the stakes ARE high.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Muslim boyhood MUST have left a lasting impression on Obama, he's a liability although PROBABLY a DECENT person by Goran A.

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)