Your inventions for a change
Submitted by Ianus (Poland), Jul 26, 2012 at 19:26
"Facts Veritas" wrote :
> Hi Ianus,
You obviously are not aware that "Stuermer"'s book as well as his personna are simply an invention of the British WWI propaganda machine. If you were to take the time to read the book carefully, cover to cover, you would actually find that it has been written by multiple authors, has inconsistencies from chapter to chapter, and that the only atrocity the "man" seems to have really (!) witnessed is screams coming out of a police station in the Pera district of Istanbul, presumably the only location the first (?) author appears to know in any detail, as Pera was where the foreigners and embassy personnel mostly lived in at the time.<
Whoever can be accused of inventions, inconsistencies and contradictions, it is definitely you , not Stuermer whose accounts are fully borne out by the Official German documents published as early as the spring 1919 ( not Armenians had been murdered by the Turkish beast by that date ) under the title "Deutschland und Armenien". I have referred to this document in a "discussion" with some braindead Turk who could not even imagine that there are pro-Turkish documents galore that do show exactly what not so friendly documents describe. So much for 'facta et veritas' which you are the last person to usurp the right to assume as your nickname.
As for what your write about "moral of the story" it was well summarized by the US consul to Smyrna Geroge Hortoon who describing another genocide perpetrated by the Turkish barbarian observes : "
5. The burning of Smyrna and the massacre and abuse of its Christian inhabitants in the year of our Lord, 1922, was made possible through the mutual jealousies and conflicting commercial interests of certain Christian powers, and the actual aid, moral and material, furnished by some of them to the Turks.
6. The Turks committed their fearful acts against the Christians and humanity in general in the full conviction that they would meet with no opposition nor even criticism from the United States. They were led to this belief by a loud pro-Turk and anti-Christian propaganda carried on in the American press by certain concession hunters, and other interested writers.
7. No Gladstonian note of horror, protest or revulsion has as yet issued from any official American source, though the Turks have surpassed anything that Gladstone ever dreamed of.
8. The Turks can not regain the confidence and respect of the civilized world until they repent sincerely of their crimes and make all restitution in their power.
9. Concealing such deeds as have been recounted in these chapters or misrepresenting them with the purpose of obtaining material advantages or saving property, reveals a low state of morality, consistent with the spirit of this commercial age."
You also mention some "honest people", but you definitely mean those whom Horton mentions as engaged in "a loud pro-Turk and anti-Christian propaganda carried on in the American (and British ,Ianus) press by certain concession hunters, and other interested writers." To call them "honest" would be like like calling you honest , you nasty Turkish lie machine!
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (524) on this item
Comment on this item
You can help support Daniel Pipes' work by making a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes