69 million page views

I worked as an Engineer in a Petroleum Company in Jeddah , I have seen the truth with my own eyes in Saudi Arabia ( Sordid Wahabia)

Reader comment on item: How to End Terrorism:
in response to reader comment: I'm impressed

Submitted by Amit (India), Dec 8, 2006 at 10:39

I was selected for a Office Post as an engineer in Petroleum Company in Jeddah , Saudi Arabia .As soon as I landed on the International Airport , I faced harassment by Immigration Officials . They tore my Bible and Threw a Picture of Jesus Christ in dust bin in front of me . I was very sad and tears came into my eyes . I prayed to Lord and kept quiet as I have to earn for my old Parents medical treatment and to pay College fees of my younger sister & brother.

I joined the Company .I worked there for 3 years almost , I faced harassment on bases of religion and specially during Ramadan Times . Although my relatives , family members have warned me not to go to any Islamic Country like Saudia. But economic conditions forced me to go there. Rest is history . I have no words to express the insult , harassment and personal attack on me , my country and my faith . Earlier I thought that Muslims believe Christians & Jews as " Ahlul Kitaab " ( Brothers of the book ) , But in reality it was totally opposite.

According to my personal experience , I surmise that the majority of Muslims ( in Islamic and Non Islamic Countries ) are radical . Sometimes they are open Terrorists and their vocal supporters , and sometimes they prefer low profile and show their true colours as soon as they get chance to do so.

I suppose over 99 % Muslims are Islamists or Support / Sympathize with the cause of Militant Islam. and remaining less than 1 % are either afraid or pretending to be ignorant or have two faces ( one for Muslims and another for Western Media .

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to I worked as an Engineer in a Petroleum Company in Jeddah , I have seen the truth with my own eyes in Saudi Arabia ( Sordid Wahabia) by Amit

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2021 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)