69 million page views

Re: Foreign natl in Egypt married to Egyptian

Reader comment on item: Advice to Non-Muslim Women against Marrying Muslim Men
in response to reader comment: Rights of American wives in Egypt resources

Submitted by Jordana Ghannam-Ahmed (United States), Jan 27, 2020 at 17:14

ALWAYS for any assistance for us citizens married to an Egyptian in Egypt, should contact the US embassy in downtown Cairo or their website which also has some helpful information. For Nationals of other countries they should contact their appropriate embassy. As far as us citizen go, they have either a valid Visa or residency in Egypt and are entitled to the same rights and subject to the same laws governing any Egyptian citizen. (I am a syrian American married to Egyptian attorney residing in Cairo FYI)


Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2024 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)