69 million page views

Mansoor: Why did Allah create Shaitan and ímpure' dogs?

Reader comment on item: Resisting Islamic Law
in response to reader comment: Islam is the religion of nature, and dogs are 100% impure animals without question!!!

Submitted by Plato (India), Feb 23, 2008 at 09:58

Mansoor, you wrote:

>>... Islam is Deen-e-Fitrat the "Religion of Nature".<<

If Islam is a religion of nature, it should respect all of nature including dogs and pigs as they are also part of nature created by the all-knowing Allah. Why do Muslims dislike dogs and pigs then? Would the all-knowing Allah create animals which prevent angels from entering peoples houses?

>>When Allah and his prophet Mohammad (PBUH) prohibits any thing for us, then there must be a very strong logic behind it. This is a very strong belief of Muslims.<<

Obviously you are unaware of what the logic Allah and Muhammad used or you would have told us. And as you emphasise, it is a Muslim's strong belief. It is this Islamic logic that makes unbelievers like me laugh out loud. One bit of Islamic logic that really amuses me is the fact that Muslims insist we have free will and at the same time claim that Allah also knows exactly what the future holds including the intentions of every human, dead, living and yet to be born.

>>I would once again say that Dogs are 100% impure, whether you agree or not.<<

It is not a matter of whether we agree or not but an issue of fact and fiction. You claim dogs are 100% impure. Who created these 100% impure animals? Right. The 100% pure Allah. Now why would a 100% pure Allah create a 100% impure animal. You will need your 100% Islamic logic to answer this.

>>On medical grounds and several reason which could only be understood when your spiritual purity is intact.<<

On medical grounds? A miniscule number of dogs carry diseases that can affect humans (easily protected against with some cheap vaccines) but practically every other human you meet carries some bug or the other that can infect you. Why don't you hide yourself away in a mountain cave to protect yourself?

Can you spell out the nature of this spiritual purity you say is required to understand the many reasons to consider dogs impure?

>>Yes, Islam doesn't allow to kill dogs or torture them.<<

Which religion or culture allows you to kill dogs and torture them?

>> Islam allows to keep dogs but outside your premises. You can feed them you can take care of them but you have to be careful for yourself too. Saliva of the Dogs is believed to be highly dangerous for human and causes extreme impurity.<<

Millions of dogs live happily with millions of humans without causing harm. But in Pakistan more damage is caused to humans by people who follow Islam than by any impure dog that I have heard of. Can you deny this fact?

As a Muslim you have this obsession with ritual purity. Do you know what your intestines contain. Shit. Shit right inside your body. Every human and every animal carries shit in his body. I am impure. You are impure. Every human on earth is impure. And no amount of external washing and bathing will clean up the smelly impure stuff inside your body.

>> It is a Satanic tool to keep angels away from you who are always praying for your salvation and saving you from possible threats (much to do with the reflexes).<<

Pure Islamic logic from a pure Muslim. Who created this tool Mansoor? Allah or Shaitan? If shaitan then the devil is also capable of creation and puts paid to Allah's claim to being the only One who can create. If Allah, then He has created a tool which He well knows Shaitan will use. Would Allah create a tool which He knows Shaitan will use?

>> People loving dogs are doing no sin, but when they cross limit and allowing dogs to lick them then the problem begins.<<

Pure Islamic logic continued. No sin in loving a Satanic tool? Tauba. Tauba.

>>We all know that if bitten by a mad dog how dangerous the condition of the victim would be if not treated timely.<<

Does this mean that only mad dogs are Shaitan's tools?

>>The point is, Islam is there to guide you and to protect you from all the problems of life. Quran and Ahadees of Prophet are there to guide you in right direction.<<

How do you explain the fact that Allah created both Shaitan and tools for him in the form of dogs to misguide and make humans impure?

>> Allah has created all this animal and every thing around us, living or non living thing.<<

Also Shaitan to misguide us and dogs to make us impure. Why did Allah do that when His intentions are to guide us and keep us pure?

>> He knows better that what is good and what is bad for us.<<

He does? Then why did he create Shaitan and dogs?

>> Rejecting the teaching of Islam is as same as ignoring a red light of a traffic intersection and becoming vulnerable to a fatal accident. I hope I made my point clear...<<

Yes you did. Islamicaly clear, that is.

>>I can just pray that people may try to learn Islam with positive approach rather than seeking for negative literature which is available only to misguided people and throw them into hell fire.<<

Marvellous Islamic logic. Negative literature about Islam is available only to misguided people. Positive literature about Islam will never pass the eyes of misguided people and negative literature will never come to the attention of properly guided people. Have you wondered about why Allah does not let misguided people see positive literature about Islam? Use some non-Islamic logic for a change, Mansoor.

Regards

Plato

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2024 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)