2 readers online now  |  69 million page views

The summit was a sad joke

Reader comment on item: Recruiting Soldiers Against Radical Islam
in response to reader comment: CAIR shows it's true colors by denouncing Moderate Muslim's Summit

Submitted by Noah Wilk (United States), Apr 12, 2007 at 15:35

Ali, that summit was a sad joke.

There are over 2 million Muslims in America and at least 40,000 Florida and its two bordering states, and yet only 400 people showed up, many of whom were not Muslim. Even if all 400 were Muslim, that only accounts for 1% of Muslims in the area. The other 99% could not be bothered to attend. It accounts for just 0.02% of all Muslims in America (based on the calculation of 2 million in the country), while the other 99.98% stayed home. It accounts for just 0.000025% of all Muslims worldwide, while the other 99.99975% didn't care enough to attend.

Consider that Muslims generally account for far less than half of the attendees at these sorts of functions (often less than 10%), and you can see those fractions getting even more pathetically tiny.

Once again, it is a meaningless aberration that will have absolutely no effect on the threat of Islam. It was a microscopic, insignificant, impotent display of powerlessness. The true Muslims laughed at it. Do you believe this summit will have any effect whatsoever on Iran's nuclear ambitions and desire to destroy Israel? Do you believe this summit will in any way staunch the flow of terrorist propaganda and support coming from Saudi Arabia? Do you think Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, etc will see even one combatant lay down his bombs due to this summit? Do you believe that CAIR will lose even $1 in donations due to this summit?

No. None of this will happen. That is why the summit was worthless. Only deportation, isolation, and deterrence can resolve the Islamic Problem.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to The summit was a sad joke by Noah Wilk

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2022 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)