69 million page views

Renan or "research"

Reader comment on item: [The Hamas Electoral Victory:] Democracy's Bitter Fruit
in response to reader comment: Hamas election

Submitted by Ianus (Poland), Jan 29, 2006 at 18:21

Ed Nur or Light wrote :

> Anyway, its common knowledge and doesn't need Painstaking research to know that sexual promiscuity is something that barely exists in the ME.

Barely exists? Or there no statistics as any statisticain trying to do reliable research and display the result would risk his death...

> 30% of the kids born in the United States in the early 90's were illegitimate, and that number has went dramatically. Just google it, doesn't need to hear that from an imam. You know just the fact of marrying a woman who has slept with double digit number of men really disgust me, but you know, in the United States that does mean a thing.

How about happy harem life with regular husband-beating over there?...

> Oh yea, first commandment, though shall not kill?

It's the fifth commandment, Light ...
If you're not sure about something , google first , will you!
Which commandment is it in the Quran, though ? My googling brings no results.

>I guess that is why abortion is legal in the Middle East.

Suicide bombing and terrorism is legal instead, isn't it?

> Second, its nothing new for the French or any other Western power to say a race or certain type of people are inferior because of what they believe in or how they look. Remember that the red Indians were savages.

I have always heard it on TV reitereated ad nauseam. Unfortunately they never give a chance anyone to explain and profess it publically. Sounds like jinn-like story ...You are told it exists ...wherever you try to find it , you fail... And Muslim hatred of kaffirs!!!...Damn ... show me just a single Muslim who doesn't enjoy it?

> Third, its not a unique privilege, Muslims are always inviting others to the light.

...'Convert or die or pay jizya'...- a Muslim invitation card...Thanks, the Nur (Light)...I'd better do without.

> If you're a Christian or a jew, you know through out history there were certain people, based most of the time in the middle east saying we have the truth from god, and later on in the bible and torah, or the quran, god says they were the truthful ones, so I guess I have to disagree with Ernest Renan on that point.

Jinns exist , the Quran(=God's word) says they do. If Renan is of a different opinion "I guess I have to disagree with Ernest Renan on that point."


> Little research I did on Renan revealed the following info. "The first volume of the History of Israel appeared in 1887; the third, in 1891; the last two posthumously. As a history of facts and theories, the book has many faults; as an essay on the evolution of the religious idea, it is (despite some passages of frivolity, irony, or incoherence) of extraordinary importance; as a reflection of the mind of Ernest Renan, it is the most lifelike of images. In a volume of collected essays, Feuilles détachées, published also in 1891, we find the same mental attitude, an affirmation of the necessity of piety independent of dogma".

Do you call it "research", Light ?


> Another point I disagree with Ernest Renan is the fact he said Muslims have silly pride. A true Muslim can't have pride. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "No one will enter Paradise who has an atom's-weight of pride in his heart." A man said, "What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?" He said, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people."

May I refer you to the above ( = Muslim pride doesn't exist , Muhammad's words prove it doesn't, if Renan (pbuh) etc... )

> If I am a slave to Allah, and his teachings and ways are shackling my mind, best shackles ever.

No false modesty , Light , no "if" , please ...bismillah!

> Do you really think you can change the way I think

Do you think I am an idiot , Light?

> by quoting some guy who wrote a book,

as a matter of fact it's just a lecture.

> and said something, about a religion, which he probably

"surely" , not probably!!!

> saw as the enemy at the time.

"not at that time", Light, "for ever"!!!

> He only studied the bible and the torah, if he was a real scholar he would have studied all, including the Quran.

He did, Light! Otherwise you wouldn't dare make a valid statement. He was quite different from Muslim "scholars" he knew and studied and whom he predicted for our times!

> I guess he really didn't do his research

his reasearch was unlike your "research" above.

> because he would have read the hadith above and would have known pride has no place in Islam.

He had his eyes and ears which you prefer to close to quote a hadith.

> Sorry I jest sometimes,

A jesting Muslim?...Do you deride Allah sometimes?...An honest answer!!!!...

> but truly and honestly my main mission

You're on missions? ....besides your main mission you have some extra missions ?...fascinating!

> when I come to these forums is to stop hate, sociology teaches us when a certain group of people from the same background get together they can be dangerous.

How can you do this, Light? Some intellectual jihad (your main mission),refreshing brain terror, hadith-intimidation, quran bombing , Middle East-style verbal beheading here and there...your weaponry must be infinte as the ways of Allah who has sent you on this "main mission"!

> Lol like a mob, so I come in here to delude the concentration and bring in fresh perspective on things, I hope you can appreciate that

I do if you promise you will not hijack this forum to convert its participants to Islam and don't matricise it (blow yourself up) if you see you fail.
Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Renan or "research" by Ianus

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)