More cherry picking and our dear bayezid
Reader comment on item: Still Asleep After Mumbai
Submitted by dhimmi no more (United States), Jan 8, 2009 at 19:27
So here is our dear bayezid' the product of an islamic madrassa little theory is: He is told by his Mullahs that if the Hebrew word for God (Elohim) and the Syriac word for God (Alaha or Allaha in Nestorian) and the Arabic word for God (ilah and it is not Allah) have anything in common from the language point of view then Allah must be the real God. Go figure.
Norice that he had no clue that the Syriac word for God is Alaha or Allaha and the Hebrew word is Elohim and the Arabic word is Ilah or rab
But here are the problems with his poor education:
1. The words for God in Syriac and Hebrew have much in common with the Arabic word for God which is ilah and this should not be a surprise as all three languages belong to the group of semitic languages
2. Now notice that he jumps to the silly conclusion that if so then his Arabian deity Allah is really the real enchilada
3. Well here are the problems with his bogus conculsion: the word Allah as we are told by his Arab masters really means THE GOD and not God as the word God really means , in Arabic, ilah or rab
3. But again like a good tablighee he has no clue about the arabic language definite article "al" or "the" and it really make all the difference as we are told that the word Allah is a contraction of the word al-Ilah or the god so you can see that his conclusion so far is based on his total lack of knowledge of Arabic and hebrew and Syriac but he still have the audacity to debate not just one language but three languages that he cannot speak read or write.
4. Notice that not one time but several times he told us that the word EALOHH (sic) really means Allah when there is really no such word in Syriac or Hebrew and when he realized that he was wrong he just chnged it to ELOAH without admitting to his own mistake and I call this: dishonesty
4. Now he does not realize that if Allah is really the God (and not god ) then he must be a Jew which Muslims would never want to be and if Allah is also the God as per Syraic speakers (read this as Christians) then Jesus must be his Allah but wait the Qur'an a book that he cannot read in Arabic really says that jesus is really our dear bayezid's God
5. But I suppose that tablighees like him have no clue about the fact that Hebrew Arabic and Syriac belong to the same class of languages and they are all semitic languages
6. Now the word God (and not the God ) in Syriac means Alaha or Allaha but again he has no clue that it is Muhammad the Arabian warlord that plgiarized such word from Syriac
Now I will leave it to the readers to judge our dear bayezid and judge his poor education
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (891) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes