3 readers online now  |  69 million page views

This is rhetoric

Reader comment on item: [Fixing] Islam's Image Problem
in response to reader comment: ISLAM IS MISUNDERSTOOD

Submitted by ted (United States), Jul 3, 2010 at 21:49

Only 1% of muslims are terrorists: Ramsey supposes that only 1% of muslims are terrorists and that leaves 99% of muslims as peace loving normal human beings. Why these 99% normal human beings come forward on the streets to save the name of their religion? And what about the people who finance and provide logistics to these 1% fundamentalists? Certainly non-muslims are not financing these muslims. Who is?

Terrorists are not Muslims because the Quran allows killing only in self-defence: This argument is meaningless. So until a person shoots and kills, he is a good Muslim but as soon as he shoots and kills he ceases to be a Muslims. This argument will keep Islam perpetually free of blemish.

You are a muslim if you follow the quran: Sure buddy. By this definition 99% of muslims are not muslims because they have enjoyed music, stolen, put their money in a saving account etc. Actually, you may be right. Islam is rarely about being a good human-being. It is about using religion to earn immunity from all punishment and about political imperialism.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to This is rhetoric by ted

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)