To Moderate Muslim: Spreading Islam by avoiding unpleasant facts
Submitted by Plato (India), Mar 22, 2007 at 13:35
Moderate Muslim I seriously suspect you are out to undermine Islam! Look at your achievement so far. You have not addressed any important issues:
You wrote about the Banu Quraiza incident: Right
"Like when he offered the Jews in Medina a chance to convert to Islam, and when they declined, he had them beheaded, thrown into mass graves, and then raped their wives and enslaved their children. I have a news flash for you. That's not freedom of religion. (Feb 22, 07)
Tell me where in the world you found this disgusting piece of racist BS. If you are going to say something so horrific and horrible, back it up."Many replies referred you to respected islamic sources where, in your words, 'this disgusting piece of racist BS' can be found.
'He who kills, it is as if he has killed the whole mankind. ..' (Feb 22, 07) . You cleverly quoted just part of a verse to show that Islam forbids wanton killing. It was pointed out to you but you never rebutted
I also gave you a link to al minbar where the evil that is preached during the Friday Khutbas is proudly displayed for all to read. In my reply to your Feb 23 post I have given you references from Ishaaq and Tabari where women are considered to be slaves or prisoners of men.
You once proudly stated: "Family, society and ultimately the whole of mankind is treated by Islam on an ethical basis."And I asked you the following questions:
1) What, Moderate Muslim, is the ethical basis for allowing and not prohibiting the taking, gifting and trading of slaves whereas Allah had no hesitation in prohibiting usury?
2) What was the the ethical basis of the Prophet himself holding slaves and accepting and giving slaves as gifts and setting an example for all mankind?`09876545321qqwertyuuuioiopplllkjkjhhgfdfdsaazxcxvcvbnm
3) What is the ethical basis of allowing men to thrash their wives?
4) What is the ethical basis of legally reducing women's status to half that of a man in witnessing and property rights?
5) What is the ethical basis for reducing conquererd people to dhimmitude?
You never answered these questions.You claim: "Part of spreading Isalm is to show how good it is."Moderate Muslim show us how good Islam is by discussing the ethical and other points I have raised.
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (2097) on this item
Comment on this item
You can help support Daniel Pipes' work by making a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes