My compliments to the sheik (morous 360 dunk in moderate's face, the crowd goes wild)
Submitted by MOROUS (United States), Mar 28, 2007 at 16:39
Thanks for the swift reply, lol. I see your Sheik had to put in a little OT at the mosque on this one. Very good.
OK first thing every time a point is brought up, all that is conjured up on your end are long excuses such as:
"The problem here is the misconception about the meaning. Even the plainest statement can become completely incoherent on the tongue of a retarded person or a pathological liar. "
"Numerous verses and other narrations stress that the reward of women equals that of men even if their acts differ. So this particular narration is not meant literally but as an acknowledgment of the power women wield over men while ostensibly less active in the public and spiritual spheres."
"Moreover, the Holy Qur'an makes it clear that while there are many favours of God that He bestows on His creatures in different measures, there is only one favour which determines the superiority of one member of the human species over another and that is taqwa or God consciousness"
HERE'S THE BOTTOM LINE. LET'S KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR YOU AND YOUR SHEIK
LET'S KEEP THESE REBUTTALS SIMPLE AND CONCISE:
1.THE QUESTION IS ARE WOMEN EQUAL TO MEN IN ISLAM???
2.IF SO, WHAT IS THEIR REWARD IN HEAVEN (EL GANNA)???
3. WHY IS ALLAH(MOON GOD), COINCIDENTALLY OF COURSE, ONE OF THE 360 PAGAN GODS OF SAUDI ARABIA
4. WHY IS TAQAYYA (KNOWINGLY LYING AND DECEIVING) PART OF YOUR RELIGION?
5. WHY DID YOUR PROPHET MOHAMED(PBUH) DECLARE THAT A MAN CAN HAVE UP TO 4 WIVES WHEN HE HIMSELF CONTRADICTED THAT RULE AND HAD MANY MORE?
6. WHY DOES ALLAH ONLY ACCEPT ARABIC WHEN PRAYING??
THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG WITH INCONSISTENCIES WITH ISLAM BUT IT'S A GOOD START.
OK, NOW FOR MY FAVORITE PART, BIBLE QUESTIONS, YOURS IS SHOULD WE LIE IN CHRISTIANITY?
OBVIOUSLY LYING IS A SIN AND IS ONE OF OUR HOLY COMMANDMENTS GOING BACK TO THE OLD TESTAMENT AS YOU MENTIONED
Also, compare Joshua 2:4-6 with James 2:25.'<<<<<<<YOUR QUOTES
8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9. [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: (thessalonians 2:8-13)
This verse is the lord is telling the believers that Satan the father of lies has been decieving people who want to follow false religions like yours or people that want to live in wordly pleasure he will allow it because they did not want to believe the truth. this verse never tells anyone to lie only that he will let those who refuse to believe be condemned by believing a lie
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22. Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23. And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way? 26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (james2:18-26)
verse 25 which you had asked me to check out is about the harlot Rahab from the old testament that god used to save from the town of merced which was to be destroyed. God is telling us that works and faith go hand and hand just like the body and spirit. God chooses people to further his kingdom all throught the history of mankind, he also chooses from all walks of life,in some cases harlots.
17. And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the Lord said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace. 18. And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil? 19. And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20. And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 21. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. 22. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade [him], and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 23. Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee. 24. But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the Lord from me to speak unto thee?(1 kings1:17-24)
Moderate, I really prefer not to awnser from the old testament because Im not a rabbi and Christians take most of there guidelines from the new testament but i'll try it anyway. 1 Kings begins with the story of Solomon. Solomon was a wise king at first (1 Kings 3). Then he became rich (1 Kings 10:14-29). He built a temple (house of God) in Jerusalem (1 Kings 6). But then Solomon took many wives. When he was old, they encouraged him to serve evil gods (1 Kings 11).
After Solomon died, there was a revolution. The country called Israel became two countries. The south was called Judah. Rehoboam was the first king of Judah. The north was still called Israel. Here Jeroboam became king (1 Kings 12).The writer wants to teach a lesson. When the kings obeyed God, the people were at peace. When the kings did not obey God, but served other gods, bad things happened. When the people of Israel stopped serving God, he sent a prophet (a holy man). He was Elijah. He did wonderful things. He told the people to serve God again.
Ahab the king of Israel at the time had married Jezebel and due to her influence on him had left Judiasm and worshipped an idol god named Ba'al. He also made many people leave judiasm and worship this Ba'al, this angered god and he was punished for his coveoutness. God allowed him to be decieved in his new found prophets of Ba'al, and eventually he was killed in battle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahab
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (2108) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes