A little effort to answer your questions
Submitted by shakeel (Pakistan), Jan 27, 2007 at 15:19
With due respect
1. Why is it that of the roughly 400 known terrorist groups in the world, over 90% of them are Islamic, when Muslims account for just 17% of the world's population (roughly 1 billion out of 6 billion)?
They are terrorists in your eyes because they fight against US and its allies interests.
2. Why is it that of all the conflicts and wars currently occurring on the entire Earth, over 90% of them involve Islam? Islam vs. Jews in Israel, Islam vs. Buddhists in Thailand, Islam vs. Christians in Africa, Islam vs. Hindus in India, etc. If Islam is truly the "religion of peace", why is it that Islam is incapable of living in peace with any other religion?
Because 90% , muslims are victims of your invasion, occupation and transgressions.
3. Why is it that Muslims have temper tantrums when they are not allowed to have their way in non-Muslim countries, while the Muslims themselves do not allow non-Islamic practices in their countries? For example, you cannot worship as a Christian in Saudi Arabia or Iran. If Islam is as tolerant as it claims, why can't Christians practice their religion in Muslim countries?
To my best knowledge, saudi arabia is the only country where idol worshipping is banned. Christians are also included in it because they worship Jesus.
4. If Islam is the "religion of peace", why do we see such virulent hostility and outrage over insignificant things such as cartoons of Mohammed, or books critical of Islam? If Islam is a civilized religion, why do Muslims torture, rape, kill, loot, arson, and riot on behalf of Islam every time someone "offends" them with honest criticism? Why do not other religions except Islam react that way?
Unlike other religion followers who practices their religion merely or not at all, most muslims still give islam and its personalities value or sanctity
5. If America is the Great Satan and we are so reprehensible, why are Muslims moving here? If Islamic society is so grand and glorious, then why not stay in the Islamic countries? And why is there so much intolerance, ignorance, poverty, suppression of basic human rights, and misery in all Islamic countries, if Islam is such a wonderful religion?
Mostly for having good income, others for luxurious life, some others for having academic degrees etc.. Intolerence, poverty and ignorance exists because their countries have been exploited partly by foreigners, rest by corrupted governments. Because of lack of education and good income. Again Islam is not responsible for it, it is because of the system which they have borrowed partly from foreigners and tried to shape it according to their culture. I would say, pseudo-West and pseudo-Islam system is the responsible for all these disastrous things.
Quran has clearly said, Be it or Be that.
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (2101) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes