69 million page views

Legal Overthrow

Reader comment on item: The Islamic States of America?

Submitted by Tanru (United States), Sep 24, 2004 at 08:26

Logically:

What you seem to say that "moderate" Islam is just as dangerous as "radical" Islam for taking over, imposing Shari'a and doing away with life as we've known it. And the only way to have fewer radical Muslims is to have fewer Muslims total for them to work within and breed an Islamic state. Do you want to live in a nuclear United States that is 51% Muslim and the other 49% is kafir and anything they say about Muhammad sends a mob into a rage, no matter how it got that way?

Actually, I believe that there is no such thing as a "moderate" Muslim. Every time I question one about the meanings in the Qur'an, particularly surah 9 (the last major "revelation" superceding all others), they get hostile.
Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Legal Overthrow by Tanru

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2022 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)