69 million page views

Dhimie is back to his childish taunting

Reader comment on item: Prepare to attack [Iran]
in response to reader comment: Our dear Nura and much more delusions

Submitted by Nura (United States), Jun 29, 2008 at 13:10

I think you should be the last person criticizing poor grammar LOL. I don't know what you're saying half the time. You are fixated and one-dimensional. Is your belief that I am a male Pakistani the only way that you can cope with my existence? Why is this so important to you Dhimmie? Maybe the wishful thinking of you wanting to be a woman? People don't pretend to be women to win arguments, especially a Muslim. It makes no sense. you said: Really? Where is your reference darling? Do you usually call men darling?

A little information about the prison system in this country. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1635592,00.html According to the U.S. Department of Justice, as of December 31, 2006, American prisons and jails held 2,258,983 inmates.[8] In recent decades the U.S. has experienced a surge in its prison population, quadrupling since 1980, partially as a result of mandated sentences that came about during the "war on drugs." Violent crime and property crime have declined since the early 1990s.[9] As of 2004, the three states with the lowest ratio of imprisoned to civilian population are Maine (148 per 100,000), Minnesota (171 per 100,000), and Rhode Island (175 per 100,000). The three states with the highest ratio are Louisiana (816 per 100,000), Texas (694 per 100,000), and Mississippi (669 per 100,000). [10] Currently, considering local jails as well, almost one million of those incarcerated are in prison for non-violent crime. [11] In 2002, 93.2% of prisoners were male. About 10.4% of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison, compared to 2.4% of Hispanic males and 1.3% of white males. [12] In 2005, about 1 out of every 136 U.S. residents was incarcerated either in prison or jail.[13] The total amount being 2,320,359, with 1,446,269 in state and federal prisons and 747,529 in local jails.[14] It is estimated that currently 27% of federal prison inmates are noncitizens ( which entered legally and with out documents ) convicted of crimes while in this country legally or illegally. ALTHOUGH Federal prison inmates are only a 6 percent of the total USA jail Population , which means than this number does not include all the state and cities prisoners which of course are the other 94 percent . [15] The United States has the highest documented per capita rate of incarceration of any country in the world.[3][5] Though some have argued that the high incarceration rate has contributed to the recent nationwide decrease in violent crime,[7] others have disputed this conclusion.[8] The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world at 737 persons imprisoned per 100,000[16]. A report released 2/28/08 indicates that in the United States more than 1 in 100 adults is now confined in an American jail or prison.[17] The United States has 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's incarcerated population.[9] In 2006 the incarceration rate in England and Wales is 139 persons imprisoned per 100,000 residents, while in Norway it is 59 inmates per 100,000, whilst the Australian imprisonment rate is 163 prisoners per 100,000 residents, and the rate of imprisonment in New Zealand last year was 179 per 100,000. In 2001 the incarceration rate in China was 111 per 100,000 in 2001 (sentenced prisoners only), although this figure is highly disputed. Chinese human rights activist Harry Wu, who spent 19 years in forced-labor camps for criticizing the government, estimates that 16 to 20 million of his countrymen are incarcerated, including common criminals, political prisoners, and people in involuntary job placements. Even ten million prisoners would mean a rate of 793 per 100,000.[18]

Peace Out


Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2024 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)