69 million page views

Terrorism obstructs radical Islam

Reader comment on item: How Terrorism Obstructs Radical Islam

Submitted by Jacques Bakke (United States), Aug 31, 2005 at 17:21

It does and it doesn't. It all mattered little prior to 9/11 insofar as Americans are concerned. Islamism was slowly, methodically inching its way into our open, free and bleeding heart system. Is it now blasting it's way in?

History illustrates that Islam is not a peaceful religion and did not expand and grow by peaceful means. This must be why only 20% of the billions of believers understand or read Arabic (the language required for prayer). The other 80% (non-Arabs) believe or else (it is the way we were brought up).

The study of Islam in this country should be a requirement but should be monitored with pathos. The Saudi spin appears to have a mega toe hold up and down, on how peaceful Islam is and the Saudis use the ACLU and other uninformed liberals ( and conservatives) and our laws to support it.

My recommendation is to attend workshops and lectures by informed experts like Daniel Pipes as well as enlightened Messianic Arabs. Go to your public libraries and "weed the collection" of Saudi propaganda and put it in the trash bins or on specially labeled propaganda shelves.

The differences between Interpretations of the Koran (Qur'an) such as Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali (1872-1953) revised (sanitized) some ten times since origin, and the translations by A.J. Arberry or N.J.Dawood are like night and day in some Surahs (Chapters).

Make sure your public library has a copy of Arberry's or Dawood's rather than Yusuf 'Ali (which was placed there in all likelihood with Saudi oil money). Where Dawood states for example, in Surah 4:34 that a man can "Beat" his wives (up to 4), Yusuf 'Ali says men can "spank" them (lightly)..

Arberry incidentally is a great read.
Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Terrorism obstructs radical Islam by Jacques Bakke

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)