69 million page views

Be careful about profiling Mr. Pipes

Reader comment on item: Why the Japanese Internment Still Matters

Submitted by B. Alotaibi (United States), Dec 31, 2004 at 14:00

I am American of Muslim background and I do really understand how the Muslim mullas preach especially in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.

We need and we will defeat the Islamists someday but we have to be smarter than them. There is approximately 10% of Muslim population who believes in this destructive ideology. The other 90% or so are good abiding citizen. Profiling is the terrorist wish; we should not fall in that trap.

I was raised in Muslim country and I do speak of the reality in the Islamic countries. To defeat the Islamism, we need to do the followings:

1. Whabbism as well as Salafism need to be confronted heartily and if they continue their hatred toward the Jews or the west in general, then they should be considered as a cult and should be banned in operating in the civilized world.

2. USA needs to be much tougher with the Islamic world: if you become nice with the Islamists then you must be weak and you will be defeated. This is their ideology.

3. For each car bombing in Iraq, there should be one or more in Damascus, Syria. We only are going to be respected if we hit them hard with no mercy. This is hard to say, but I know this is the only solution that Islamists and their supporters would understand.

4. Our Gulf States friends have to recognize the state of Israel or else...These states control the media and anything said. No more playing both sides.

5. US has to listen to Friday sermons especially those in Saudi Arabia, then translate and make it public in the U.S. airways. These mullahs need to answer the hatred and the anger that they just promoted and the Saudi government has to take action.

Mr. Pipes I like your writing except profiling. Profiling is an ugly task. In the 1980's there was a Jew officer in US navy who passed critical information to other country. Should the US government profile all Jews as non-patriotic and always with suspicion?

Remember that the Islamist terrorists are very smart and we need to be smarter, profiling is their wish.

Please keep up the good work,

BA
Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Be careful about profiling Mr. Pipes by B. Alotaibi

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2021 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)