1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

jhubers

Reader comment on item: Walid Shoebat: "Palestinian turns from radical Muslim to true Zionist"
in response to reader comment: Response to Mr. Shoebat

Submitted by Walid Shoebat (United States), Mar 31, 2009 at 21:36

Jhubers,

... You say

>It's good to have you come out to begin to answer issues that have been raised about ... yourself

When have you known me to evade issues about my credebility?

> credence as a "former terrorist."

My credentials are on my website, my response was published in the Jerusalem Post, still your not satisfied?

> Since you ask, let me ask you to help us understand some of the contradictions in your story. Let's >just start with what is the most obvious.

So, now you think you have a great argument, all of the sudden? Your arguments are funny to say the least.

>You say that you were a member of the PLO just before and even during the period of time you >immigrated to the States. Yet at the same time your description of the PLO as it existed at that time >gives the impression that it was an Islamist organization which is difficult to mesh with the reality of >the PLO as a highly politicized secular-leaning organization, motivated as much by Communism and >European socialism as the kind of Islamicism you credit it with which actually did not become a part of >the Palestinian resistance movement until the rise of Hamas at a later date.

... We all know that the PLO painted itself as a secular organization, but we also know that they very well could collaborate with Islamists. You never heard Arafat crying out "Ya Yaseen" and "Yahya Ayyash"? Or have you not heard of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade? An Islamist branch of the PLO that carries out suicide bombings being fully Islamist and fully PLO?

Sure, at the time I was in the West Bank, these were non-existant, but Muslims can join the PLO and be fully Jihadists, just as members of the Muslim Brotherhood from Egypt fought during Yom Kippur for Anwar Sadat or have collaborated with Jamal Abdel-Nasser before him. Islamists have no problem using anyone for their means, including working for the CIA during the Afghan-Russian war.

Does a PLO member loose his Islam just because he joined the PLO? Does he automatically become communist? Obviously your not from my neck of the woods and are clueless.

> During the time you would have been involved, in fact, Hanan Ashrawi - an Anglican Christian

If Hanan Ashrawi was a Christian then Mickey Mouse was Buddhist. She used Jesus for revolutionary talk and claimed that Jesus was "Palestinian" like her.

> Palestinian would have been playing an important role, not to mention George Habash whose >splinter group was responsible for most of the worst excesses of the PLO during that time. George is >also Christian, albeit non- believing.

The claim that George Habash was Christian is as saying that Hitler was the Pope. It's obvious from your statement "albeit non-believing".

>According to the story ... you would have, in fact, been violently opposed to having Hanan Ashrawi as a >spokesperson for the PLO.

Had you been in one conference at Santa Clara California with me in which Arafat spoke to us via sattlelight and Hanan spoke to us in person, and had seen how the men reacted to her speech, you would have known that Muslim men cared less about her. She was the perfect puppet for you Americans. I should have taken a camera and filmed her speech where 90% of the men fell asleep and she complained how men never cared to listen to her.

>In fact, you would have wanted to kill her.

Why kill her, why not just use her. Had you read my book, you would have seen that I used Mary Edwards, a journalist in Chicago to defend a PLO terrorist Ziad Abu Eian from extradition to face trial in Israel, a terrorist who killed Jews. Ziad now is in charge of the prison system in Palestine. How ironic. Have you ever attempted to expose such issues?

Now there is a good investigation for you, perhaps you can investigate my Chicago connections and find out how I know so much. Maybe then you will put your suspecions to rest.

> Isn't that what you say? - that all Muslims are taught to want to kill Christians??

You typical western neave pin-head. Killing Christians and Jews comes in time. If you read some of the most moderate Islamic theologians like Hisham Qabbani, you would find him speaking about the Mahdi, but only when the Mahdi comes, can we fully eradicate Christianity. Also, haven't you examined what the P.A does to Christians? Or are you that dense?

> (a rather ridiculous bit of nonsense you "sell" to your gullible audiences).

Look who"s talking. Do I smell Eileen Flemming, that fradulent journalist? A fraud that calls other fraud?

>So, I would be quite interested to hear what you have to say about this ...

Well, here you have your answer, now kindly vanish.

>The bigger issue, of course, is why? I'm only guessing, but I would assume its because you've >discovered that you can make a good living selling books and speaking under the guise of this fiction.

Had I intended to make any living from this, why is it then do you find me publishing all my work and books from 1994 to 2004 free of charge? Have you heard of my online books? Or why did I speak for free all these years? Also, I have a bet I made public, that if I open my books and prove that at my university speeches that I am in the minus, would you pay the difference to the Magen Daveed Ambulence services in Israel? Remember, I do not make a cent on this bet. ...

Walid Shoebat

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to jhubers by Walid Shoebat

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)