69 million page views

Islamists or Muslim Terrorists?

Reader comment on item: "At War with Islamic Fascists"

Submitted by Infidel (Canada), Aug 14, 2006 at 15:03

Dr. Pipes, as an expert on Islam, you know that Islam means to submit and a Muslim is one who submits. Therefore the term Islamists seems inappropriate. The appropriate English word may be "Submittists" or the "Submitters" rather than Islamists. On the other hand, the obviously appropriate terminology is a word that would identify Muslims who engage in terrorist activities. Therefore the simplest terminology is the best and that identification is "Muslim Terrorists". Other possibilities may be, Mad Muslim Murderers with the short version being 3M's, or Angry Muslim Assassins, short version AMA's, or simply Muslim Killers thus MK's. But if we want to be "politically correct", lets call them "Boys Gone Wild".


Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2023 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)