My response to PHIL GREEND
Reader comment on item: Finding Allah in Unlikely Places
in response to reader comment: A wee bit over sensitive the muslims are !
Submitted by A2student (United Kingdom), Jun 9, 2007 at 08:14
- crushing poverty: Palestine has the world's worse economy, I iraqi dinar was worth $3 in 1987, and in 2002, it was the world's worst currency:GDP ratio...It wasn't 710 reasons for the war(s) against Iraq...flip 710 over and you get the 1 real reason. It's the fault of Western governments
- Muslims can't Read or Write: Ok, what are you talking about? This is down to poverty, where western superpowers have capitilised on the poverty on LEDCs and not given the adequete levels of humanitarian aid to these countries, many of whom are predominantly muslim.
- The horrible treatment of women by muslims? I live in the UK, and i'm aware of the fact that it is acceptable for a woman to flaunt her body in a magazine/newspaper, which can be purchased in for something as little as a pound. Most of human trafficking leads to the UK... Soldiers from the WESTERN Coalition forces have rapedIraqi women...muslim women are opressed because they choose to wear headscarves?
- What is a terrorist attack nowadays? Is this ideology only specific to when muslims commit these acts of violence? Granted, 911 was an abomonation to God, but I think we can all agree that it will NEVER compare to what Western governments have done to iraq.
- Freedom of Speech? A muslim can be held by the police for 28-days, even on suspicion, by simply saying what I have said...there's legislation concerning a muslim's use of free speech...it's an oxymoron which you, PHIL GREEND, will support on the basis of your xenophobic and prejudice views against muslims.
I'm afraid that your knowledge of Islam and Middle Eastern politics is quite weak.
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Comment on this item
See recent outstanding comments.