69 million page views

Not so simple

Reader comment on item: Identifying Islamists through Interrogations

Submitted by Anon (United States), Jan 27, 2016 at 01:54

Here's the problem Dr. Pipes. Even if we could magically turn all the 10-15% Islamists in the world into salt it won't be long before Islamists would form among the remaining 85% and most likely in the same or higher percentage. Its the scriptural connection that makes this so intractable. The reason for my analysis is that today the 10-15% Islamists are distributed uniformly everywhere - even among muslims born in the liberal, friendly west. We see Islamist acts among Australian muslims, Indonesian muslims, Danish muslims etc. Islamism is encoded into the DNA of Islam - we really need to confront this fact.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Not so simple by Anon

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2021 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)