1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Not to get spiritual - but Ezekiel 38 cleary depicts an Islamic invasion of Israel - led by Russia

Reader comment on item: Predicting a Majority-Muslim Russia

Submitted by RobW (Saudi Arabia), Feb 12, 2009 at 15:03

Its all in the Hebrew Old Testament. Naming all the cohorts by tribe - Persia, Libya (Put), Ethiopia (Cush), Egypt, Turkey (Gomer, Meshec,Tubal) - all led by Gog of Magog (Russia and her southern former republics) - we should not be surprised that Russia would go majority Muslim - and soon. This curious oddity explains why a former staunchly atheistic / communistic society would so clearly be mentioned Biblically as aligning itself with a pan-Islamic invasion of Israel. In last month's Arab News - Russia's ambassador to Saudi Arabia extolled a "grand new alliance" with the Islamic world. Too bad the Bible also clearly describes the terrible fate of this "grand new alliance". Over 85% total fatalities will occur to these armies - with God intentionally leaving 15% alive to high-tail it back to their homes to witness that "there is a God in Israel". No surprises there. RobW

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Not to get spiritual - but Ezekiel 38 cleary depicts an Islamic invasion of Israel - led by Russia by RobW

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2021 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)