3 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Response to Sara

Reader comment on item: Is Allah God?
in response to reader comment: common sense

Submitted by Truth Lives (United States), Dec 25, 2006 at 17:21

But what can we do if all they want to do is kill the majority of the world?...They don't really care about anything but killing those they hate, and their "religion" is just a front for their intentions and desires; blood-lust.

I don't think you're distinguishing between terrorists and Muslims. Islamic code would suggest that retaliation is the only reason for violence, and naught else. Additionally, the media is selective in what it discloses. Recently a Muslim from Bangladesh won the Nobel Peace Prize. That hardly made news.

The majority is not muslim, so I guess that means they desire to kill about 95%? (not sure how many are muslims) of the population on Earth!

I addressed the main issue I had with this statement above, so I'll just correct you on a mathematical trifling.

20% of the world's population is Islamic, 31% is Christian, and about 25% is Jewish. Putting my interpretation of Qu'ranic code aside, I will say that "The People of the Book" (or Jews and Christians) are never required to be killed under that code, and certainly Muslims are not. 20 + 31 + 25 = 76% of the world's population. If they intend to kill the other 24% (which they don't, from what I know), then that's certainly not the majority.

That's not why I'm saying this. God chose them as special to Him and throughout history, whenever they are victimized, they did nothing wrong, just like now - Israel hated by muslm countries.

I stand indifferent on the issue of Israel vs. the Arabs (an indifference taught to me by some years spent in that region of the world), but I fail to see your logic. The Bible teaches Christians not to hate. And Israel hates the Muslim nations. In your stating that Israelis are "the people of God," are you not, then, claiming them to hold the values of the Bible very strictly? There's a contradiction there.

Of course, as I said, on the actual conflict, I stand indifferent.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Response to Sara by Truth Lives

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)