1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Churchill: friend or foe

Reader comment on item: Bush's Middle East Hopes [and His Failures]
in response to reader comment: Churchill no friend of the Jews

Submitted by Joe Kaffir (United States), Jan 21, 2008 at 00:55

So what ? Where is it written that we live in a perfect world where everyone is perfect and virtuous?

But we don't live in a perfect world. In fact, I would't even recommend the human race to anyone. Humans suck. Over 20% of humans on the planet want the other 80% to be destroyed or enslaved. And we are living in the 21st century? The space age? The pinnacle of human achievement? A world that is allowing islam to reign supreme unchallenged. Exactly what kind of world do we have to look forward to?

So let's put Churchill back into perspective.

Combing through history looking for "good friends of the Jews" is slim pickin's. Was Charles Martel or Jan Sobieski a good friend of the Jews? But in terms of our current world war against global islamic jihad, I would gladly settle for a leader commited to saving western civilization, like Churchill. In 1940 the stakes were never higher. Hitler vs. Churchill. I'll still take Churchill, warts and all !

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Churchill: friend or foe by Joe Kaffir

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)