69 million page views

Mansoor: We see Allah's power at work in Pakistan

Reader comment on item: The Voice of America, Silenced on Radical Islam
in response to reader comment: Do not underestimate the power!!!

Submitted by Plato (India), Mar 21, 2009 at 13:59

Mansoor, you wrote:

>>Power of Allah is beyond all your imaginations!!!<<

Is that why Allah is trying to destroy Pakistan from within? Could you ever have imagined Muslims will be killing off each other in the land of the pure?

>>This is a universal truth and many deny that due to their ignorance.<<

As you say ignorant people deny the truth in front of their eyes. Can you deny that today Muslims are among most backward communities in the world. Can you deny that Muslims are the most violent people in the world causing needless death and destruction in almost every country they live? Can you deny that in Pakistan your schools teach children to hate Hindus and other infidels? Can you deny that the Koran contains hundreds of verses that denigrate non-Muslims and calls for violence against them both here and in the hereafter?

>>Today I want to ask many questions to the contributors here. Just tell me, the technology, the media power and the propaganda so vividly propagated all around the world against Islam did any harm to this religion??<<

Mansoor, have you considered whether you are not asking a loaded question? Have you considered that the media is not indulging in any propaganda against Islam? The media in most cases just reports events as they happen. The CNN link you have given is a case in point. It is reporting on the haj and its significance to Muslims. CNN is one of the most powerful news channels. Do you see any propaganda against Muslims in this article? The vast majority of the media in the world is not trying to harm Islam, in fact most of them seem to swallow the propaganda put out by Muslims that it is a peaceful religion against the evidence before their eyes.

>>No, but in fact recent surveys suggest that Islam is the fastest spreading religion of the world!! Why is it so???

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.islam/<<

It is so because of uncontrolled births among Muslims and not because infidels are converting in droves.

>>For Heaven's sake please leave Islam alone!!<<

No one wants to interfere with Islam. It is Islam with its claim to being the only true religion and bidding to conquer all other religions that does not let other religions be. Islam began by abusing and ridiculing the pagan beliefs of Arabia. Why does Islam not leave other religions alone?

003.085 YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

009.033 YUSUFALI: It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

Why don't Muslims let other religions alone? Why do you do dawa if not because of your desire to interfere with other beliefs?

>>Or at least try to study Islam without biased approach. I see the remarks of most of the contributors here as misdirected and highly biased <<

I have quoted two verses from the Koran above. Can you comment on these two verses to show that they do not reveal any bias against Christians, Hindus, Ahamadias…? The whole approach of Koran is undiluted bias against all non-Muslims.

>>Many of the people over here don't want to know any thing positive about Islam.<<

Tell us about some of the positive things about Islam.

>>They are somewhat shaken when they see Islam with the shadow of Taliban.<<

We are indeed shaken by the Taliban. They indulge in gratuitous violence against women and people who listen to music or watch TV. They behead people they think are against them.

>>Talibans are actually the followers of Islam who are only following some part of this religion.<<

We all know they are followers of Islam which is why they are the way they are. And they are trying to follow the sunnah of the prophet. They are trying to be good Muslims. You have seen the result of what happens when someone tries to become a good Muslim. You end up interfering with everyone's private

>>They have developed their awe on the people of the world through their so called barbaric approach (which is most significantly highlighted by the biased media).<<

Blowing up girls schools in the hundreds is not barbaric?? Letting people listen to music to have some respite from the daily grind is civilized behaviour? The media in Pakistan also report these incidents, are they also biased?

>> The thing which is hiding behind the curtains is their ability to control law and order situation in the areas of their control.<<

They control law and order by blowing up girls schools? LOL

>> It is not possible that you can gather so much support on the basis of heavy arms over your shoulder...try to understand that Talibans have won the support of common people which is deliberately hidden by the media!!.<<

Kim Il Jong (and his father before him) is doing it in N. Korea. Behead some on TV, kidnap policemen and soldiers and dump their bodies at the cross roads and the man on the street or the villages are bound to cover in fear.

>>Talibans are mostly illiterate and their improvement and mildness can only be achieved through mediation rather than pounding bombs on them. This is turning them more aggressive.<<

Why do you want them to become milder? Remember your saying Muslims will soon start cracking skulls and wash their hands in the blood of infidels. The have put the fear of Allah in all of us infidels. The Taliban should be role models for those aspiring to pure Islamic faith.

>>Islam is the religion which does not allow caste system or giving importance to someone on the basis of wealth or due to any political strength.<<

Islam has invented one of the worst caste systems imaginable. Fifty per cent of humanity is considered a degree below another.

002.228 YUSUFALI….. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

004.034 YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

A prayer is annulled by a passing woman, a dog and a monkey...Sahih Bukhari, 1.9.490, 493,498

Allah has made men stronger than women and on those basis women have to live under the shadow of men (ie second grade humans). The hadith seems to be equating women with dogs and monkeys. Allah has also created another category (caste) of humans, the unbelievers:

009.028 YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear poverty, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, for Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.

Unbelievers are claimed to be unclean and so banished from Mecca and Madina just as low castes were not allowed to enter temples in India till recently. There is yet another caste created by Islam, slaves and slave girls:

016.075 YUSUFALI: Allah sets forth the Parable (of two men: one) a slave under the dominion of another; He has no power of any sort; and (the other) a man on whom We have bestowed goodly favours from Ourselves, and he spends thereof (freely), privately and publicly: are the two equal? (By no means;) praise be to Allah. But most of them understand not.

Read the underlined parts carefully, Mansoor. DID YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ALLAH HAS HIMSELF CREATED SLAVERY??

>>Even the King can be prosecuted under true Islamic Sharia which is ironically not propagated by the West.<<

Over the 1400 year history of Islam which king was prosecuted under Sharia? How many can you name? It is always the king or ruler who decides what is sharia in his land. Could this hadith be the possible reason?

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 251:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah, and whoever obeys the ruler I appoint, obeys me, and whoever disobeys him, disobeys me."

Does this hadith apply to rulers who came after thre prophet? Ironical isn't it?

>>Quran gives good news about heavenly rewards for those who follow this religon in true spirit. It also declares severe punishment to those who are violating Allah's law. <<

The Koran makes it very clear that Allah has reserved plenty of pleasures in the form of women, fruit and wine for those who follow it. What value are good deeds that are done for bribes that are on offer in paradise?

>>Allah is all powerfull and has all the control over the world. We are failed to understand that!!!<<

We fail to understand that Allah is all powerful because He seems to have no control of the what is happening on this tiny earth. Billions of people disobey Him despite the most blood curdling threats He has issued through the Koran. The places He has lost total control are where Muslims are the majority where they specialize in killing each other on the pretext that the ones they are killing are heretics (Pakistan, Afghanistan).

>>Just think that we were nothing, but then we came to this world through a complexed process which is scientifically proven to be natures most precious and delicate system.<<

This complex and delicate process was unraveled by unbelieving scientists. The Koran, the book of all knowledge, is a complete blank as regards DNA and the evolutionary processes that brought it into existence.

>>You must be aware that when male ejaculates semen in woman's womb it actually carries numerous sperms. When it enters the womb at that time out of these numerous sperms only one sperm can get life. Why can't you understand that only you were chosen to life and all other sperms were wasted in this process!!! <<

All you have told us is that Allah has to waste millions of sperm to get one life going. And He claims to be all-powerful!

>>When you are chosen then you are given a life with a span of considerable period and ability to go through the secrets of nature when you get knowledge through your studies and mostly through scientific studies.<<

Why does Allah choose to kill off millions before they reach adulthood? And some of those killed off by Allah suffer horrible pain before He snatches their life. What explanation do you have for this, Mansoor?

>> You gain knowledge, you raise your family, you live happily and moreover your life becomes steady till the time you start getting older and then losing all the strength and health and eventually the fate becomes a grave which is dark, with loneliness and you would be there lying helpless for a huge period!!<<

That's life.

>>My question is that, why we feel ourselves to be so unimportant. We are important that is why we were given life.<<

Not we. Muslims feel unimportant because you consider yourselves to be slaves to a phantom being called Allah. Who would not feel unimportant if your religious leaders keep reminding you that you are as nothing compared to Allah and His apostle?

>>We were the best among all those sperms that had started the race along with us but lost their lives behind.<<

Why is Allah so wasteful? But with artificial insemination modern sperms may not have such a hard race ahead.

>>Why we are so stubborn in not understanding that through such a complex process when we are granted a healthier and prosperous life, did our creator ask any reward from us.???<<

If you count the number of hospital beds in the world you would not consider that Allah has given us a healthy life. If you consider the abject poverty in which millions of people live (Pakistan is a prime example of poverty) you would not consider that Allah has given us a prosperous life.

Why should we reward the creator? We did not ask to be born into this world of misery Allah has created. Besides He claims He is self-sufficient so even thinking of giving a reward to Allah for giving us life is blasphemy.

>> Can we give any reward to our Lord???? No...we are so miniature when we see the hugeness of our universe, we are nothing, infact we have no value.<<

Now you are saying we have no value. Just a few sentences you were proclaiming that we are very important because Allah let one sperm out millions win the race to the egg. What happened between then and now?

>>There are trillions of stars and many galaxies are still out of reach of our eyes...Why can't we understand the greatness of our Creator???<<

How does seeing trillions of stars lead you to the conclusion that somebody created them? Because then you will be left with the problem of who created this creator of our universe.

You find it very easy to raise finger over Muslims but just go through the internet and find about the lives spent by renowned saints in Islam. Moreover our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) who is most deliberately criticized by the anti Islamic forces, did not have a well built house till his demise. >>He was the sole ruler of newly born empire but he did not have any property, any wealth stockpile or any treasure valut!!!<<

What did he do with all the 1/5th booty he got out of raiding caravans and neighbouring tribes? He lived the good life. He had nine wives at last count and many concubines like Maria the slave, and people to wait on him and do his every bidding including, assassinating people who criticized him. He could take what he wanted. He frittered away Khadija's considerable wealth and went a poor man to Madina. But he soon set about correcting this lack of funds by raiding caravans and his neighbours. He had got rid of the Jews from Madina after robbing them of their property. He became generous after he exiling the Bani Nadir and killing off all the males of the Bani Quraiza:

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 53, Number 357:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

People used to give some of their datepalms to the Prophet (as a gift), till he conquered Bani Quraiza and Bani An-Nadir, whereupon he started returning their favors.

>> Did any body find the hidden treasure of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Please understand that we are doing a great sin by penalizing Islam without having perfect knowledge.<<

What is the connection between Muhammad's wealth and Islam?? We do not have perfect knowledge of what he left behind. But we have perfect knowledge of the fact that his daughter who survived him was married to the future Khalifa Ali. We also have perf ect knowledge of the fact that the prophet had man, Kinana bin Rafi, tortured to extract the buried treasure of his tribe.

>>... People have been properly warned by the Lord...and those making jokes of it are doing their own loss.<<

If jokes on the Lord can evoke laughter what is the problem. Nothing can hurt the Lord. Why are you complaining?

Thank you Mansoor for giving me an opportunity to do a tafsir on Allah's verses you have given below (Bold, in parenthesis are my comments):

With the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Very-Merciful.

[82:1] When the sky will be cleft asunder, (The sky is just empty space, there is nothing there to tear apart. Poor cosmological knowledge of the Koran)[82:2] and when the stars will disperse, (The stars will crash into eaach other if there is a Big Crunch or they will burn out. The galaxies will disperse not the stars if the universe expands for ever. In either case there is no dispersion of stars. Poor cosmology again)[82:3] and when the seas will be burst forth, [82:4] and when the graves will be overturned, [82:5] then one will know what he sent ahead and what he left behind. [82:6] O man! What has deceived you about your Gracious Lord, (We are not deceived. The Koran opens our eyes to the fact that this Gracious Lord does not remember how he created the universe or how it will end. We are also not deceived by the His fictional claim to being all-powerful and all-merciful. He has never given us a demonstration of His all-powerfulness and all-mercifulness, which should be easy enough for Him if His claims are true[82:7] who created you, then perfected you, then brought you in due proportion? (Who did?) [82:8] He composed you in whichever form He willed.( Some of us He willed to be blind, paralysed or brain dead when born.) [82:9] Never! (i.e. one should never be heedless towards him.) But you deny the Requital, (Where is the evidence for the requital. Only naïve people will accept claims without evidence)[82:10] while (appointed) over you there are watchers, (Angels? Let us move on)[82:11] who are noble, writers (of the deeds), (Allah needs clerks to write down what is happening on earth?)[82:12] who know whatever you do. (Does Allah not know whatever we do. Elsewhere in the Koran He claims to be closer to us than our jugular vein and that He knows if even a leaf trembles somewhere. Why does the needless Allah need an army of angels to help Him?)[82:13] Surely the righteous will be in bliss, (Ah, paradise with voluptuous women and food and wine!) [82:14] and the sinners in Hell, (Where those in bliss can enjoy the sight of unbelievers being tortured with fire, chains, molten brass, gutter water and whatever else Allah can imagine) [82:15] in which they will enter on the Day of Requital,and they will not (be able to) keep away from it. [82:17] And what may let you know what the Day of Requital is? [82:18] Again, what may let you know what the Day of Requital is? [82:19] A Day when no one will have power to do any thing for another! And command, on that Day, will belong to Allah (alone). (But Muhammad claims he can intercede: Volume 1, Book 7, Number 331:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.

…………..

4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection)…

So either Allah has forgotten He has given this right to His favourite Prophet, or the Hadith is not sahih (true) or Muhammad was being dishonest.

>>Subhan Allah ...My Allah is great<<

You saw the demonstration of His greatness in the Surah (82) you have quoted.

regards

Plato

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Mansoor: We see Allah's power at work in Pakistan by Plato

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2021 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)