Rebuttal to Mr Pipes on 'Moderate Muslims'
Reader comment on item: The Middle East Forum Debates Moderate Islam
Submitted by IQ al Rassooli (United Kingdom), Mar 30, 2014 at 21:14
Dear Mr Pipes
I am an Iraqi whose mother tongue is Arabic and Mr Ibrahim is of Arab background also. Both of us have grown up in this milieu and have a great degree of understanding the mindset, dogma and psychology of Arabs and Muslims.
Although you are very knowledgeable about these subjects, with all due respect I submit that your vision of Moderate Islam is ... [wrong]
In your rebuttal to Mr Ibrahim you assert that: "a reformed Islam can emerge if Muslims emulate their fellow monotheists and adapt their religion with regard to slavery and interest, the treatment of women, the right to leave Islam, legal procedure, and much else. When a reformed, modern Islam emerges it will no longer endorse unequal female rights, the dhimmi status, jihad, or suicide terrorism, nor will it require the death penalty for adultery, breaches of family honor, blasphemy, and apostasy"
In the above, you list at least TEN extremely important Quran and Sunna commandments from Allah and Muhammad that Muslims have to overrule to become moderate.
It is like asking Catholics – for example - NOT to believe in the Trinity and Eucharist and still expect them to be Catholics.
You are thus ignoring the following fundamentals without which Muhammadan Islam would be obliterated:
1. The reason WHY Christians and Jews were able to reform themselves is because no one can find a single divine commandment in either of them inciting the followers of Jesus or Moses to force into conversion, to subjugate or to exterminate any and all unbelievers.
2. This is NOT the case in Muhammadan Islam where their god Allah commands them to do so in hundreds of verses.
3. Nowhere in either the Hebrew Bible or the Christian New Testament is there a commandment to their followers NEVER to question their precepts but to follow every letter and word slavishly and fully.
4. Muhammad's Quran on the other hand commands the Muslims NEVER to question the Quran but follow every dictate to the letter.
5. Most important of all it is NOT up to you or to me or anyone else to define 'moderate Islam' when Muhammad's Quran asserts that so called 'moderate' Muslims are actually the enemies of Islam
Al Mai'da 5: 51 "O ye who believe (Muslims)! take not the Jews [Yahood] and the Christians [Nasara] for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them…"
IQ al Rassooli
Kafir & proud!
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (79) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes