1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Hi Prashant

Reader comment on item: Islamic London: "Run, Hide, Tell"
in response to reader comment: Here is an easy problem for your reader Jeff

Submitted by Jeff (United States), Feb 7, 2018 at 22:36

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for your comment. Please don't think I was proposing a solution or suggesting how the British people should think. I was only trying to discern the current British mindset. I fear the Brits and western Europeans are mainly bystanders as their cultures are circling the drain, thanks to their elected leaders and unelected EU bureaucrats.

I have enjoyed your posts on this site for a long time, and particularly liked your February 5 post. I agree with every word. Sometimes I read what you say and think, well, keep dreaming. But throughout history, great ideas often start out with very few people thinking they could ever really happen. So if your thinking makes you a lunatic then I'm happy to join you.

The existence of democracies in the Islamic world that respect human life and human freedom would solve about ninety per cent of the world's problems. There are reasons why no one's afraid of a nuclear armed France but everyone's afraid of nuclear armed North Korea and just the thought of a nuclear armed Iran.

Meanwhile we also need to protect existing democracies. Will the UK be a democracy in 30 years? Germany? Sweden? I hope so.

Best Regards,
Jeff

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Submitting....

Submit a comment on this item

Reader comments (17) on this item

Title Commenter Date Thread
A question, why the concern? [13 words]Carl LeyhMar 14, 2018 20:02242479
Missed the point [18 words]HistorianMar 23, 2018 00:46242479
Who Established Saudi Arabia? [65 words]Sohel BahjatFeb 21, 2018 12:09242339
2Our dear Sohel Bahjat told us once that Iran is really a democracy! No I'm not kidding! [306 words]dhimmi no moreFeb 22, 2018 08:00242339
1Iran is not a democracy [29 words]PrashantFeb 22, 2018 21:00242339
4If British made Saudi Arabia, they made a huge mistake [89 words]PrashantFeb 22, 2018 21:06242339
Very Sad [68 words]
w/response from Daniel Pipes
Barry TigayFeb 6, 2018 20:11242116
1You imported the criminals so deal with it ! [56 words]BrunoFeb 6, 2018 19:00242115
Keep calm and carry on [152 words]
w/response from Daniel Pipes
JeffFeb 6, 2018 12:09242107
4Here is an easy problem for your reader Jeff [174 words]PrashantFeb 7, 2018 00:37242107
Hi Prashant [205 words]JeffFeb 7, 2018 22:36242107
1My thanks to your reader Jeff [126 words]PrashantFeb 8, 2018 22:34242107
New normal [14 words]VijayFeb 6, 2018 09:21242101
A gradual takeover [136 words]NightandDayFeb 5, 2018 22:45242093
3comments on 'Islamic London: "Run, Hide, Tell". [377 words]
w/response from Daniel Pipes
PrashantFeb 5, 2018 20:24242091
3This Is What Islamization Looks Like [245 words]DaveFeb 5, 2018 16:23242088
1We cannot depend on the democratic politicians to do the right thing [353 words]PrashantFeb 7, 2018 01:03242088

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Hi Prashant by Jeff

Email me if someone replies to my comment

See recent outstanding comments.

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

ADVERTISEMENTS

eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2018 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes