2 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Religion is a by-product of a lack of education

Reader comment on item: Muslim Europe

Submitted by Peter (United Kingdom), Feb 16, 2008 at 06:38

... 10% Muslim by 2020? How can 10% possibly have so much of an influence over the lives of the other 90% that they are forced to flee their home continent? Please! Especially since the 90% hold nearly 100% of the positions of power in Europe. If you need proof of this, read into the recent outcry over the Archbishop of Canterbury's comments on Britain adopting Sharia Law. The 90% are going nowhere!

And say this 10%/90% turns into 20%/80% by 2030. Well we're getting more Muslim now. But this would mean the first 10% has been living amongst the European culture of the 90% for 20+ years. No matter how reclusive you think Muslims are, it's pretty hard to isolate yourself from your neighbours, work colleagues etc for 20 years without adopting some of their values and customs. Then the next generation comes along, complete with European accents and the same desire for material things as any other kid born into a McDonalds/Mattel society.

As for your hope of a Christian resurgence in Europe... Religion is a by-product of a lack of education. Europe evolved past the need for religion long ago, and once America fixes up its 3rd world education system, religion will go the way of the dodo there as well.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Religion is a by-product of a lack of education by Peter

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)