Bibliography – My Writings on Fashion, Female Appearance, and Islam
by Daniel Pipes
February 25, 2013
Here's a welcome break from the usual Islamist mayhem to something lighter, if not grim in its own way: how Islam and Islamism influence women's looks. Note that this bibliography does not duplicate entries found in "Bibliography – My Writings on Burqas, Niqabs, Jilbabs, Chadors, Hijabs, and other Islamic Coverings."
- "The Middle East Explodes with Obesity." DanielPipes.org, December 29, 2004. About gavage in Mauritania.
- "Hijabs on Western Political Women." DanielPipes.org, March 19, 2008. From frumpy to beekeeper, the new look.
- "Glamorous Muslim Political Women." DanielPipes.org, August 9, 2009. From jeans to glamour.
- "Affirmative Action in Beauty Contests?" DanielPipes.org, May 16, 2010. Idle thoughts on an unexpected pattern.
- "The 'Islamic Fashion Festival' Goes to Milan." DanielPipes.org, June 26, 2011. Islamism almost goes high fashion.
- "Fashion at Turkish Airlines." DanielPipes.org, February 10, 2013. From high fashion to grounded.
- "Islamist Media Digitally Cover Up Prominent Western Women." DanielPipes.org, February 25, 2013. Caution: Censors busily at work.
(February 25, 2013)
Related Topics: Bibliography, Sex and gender relations
receive the latest by email: subscribe to daniel pipes' free mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.