Bibliography - My Writings on the FBI
by Daniel Pipes
Apr 14, 2006
updated May 3, 2013
What happens when a wonderful and powerful institution is headed by numbskulls? That's been the dilemma of the Federal Bureau of Investigation since Robert S. Mueller III became its director in September 2001. I can't judge his record on other matters, but on radical Islam, the bureau's front office has been abysmal. Here, in honor of the heroically stupid comment by Paul M. Moskal, chief division counsel for the Buffalo bureau (and posted at "Idiots' File) is an annotated bibliography of my writings on this dismal subject, to be updated as needed.
- "[The American Muslim Council:] 'Mainstream' Muslims?" New York Post, June 18, 2002. My first and toughest piece, taking Mueller to task for breaking bread with the American Muslim Council.
- "Director Mueller and Mr. Alamoudi." DanielPipes.org, September 29, 2003. With some asperity, I note that the head of the American Muslim Council has just been arrested. In another weblog entry, "United States of America vs. Abdurahman Muhammad Alamoudi," I detail this arrest and Alamoudi's eventual sentencing to twenty-three years in jail.
- "The FBI Fumbles [on Gamal Abdel-Hafiz]." New York Post, March 14, 2003. The gross mistakes concerning a Muslim special agent.
- "The Saga of FBI Special Agent Gamal Abdel-Hafiz." DanielPipes.org, January 18, 2004. Further information on that Muslim special agent.
- "Arab/Muslim Lawsuits v. the FBI." DanielPipes.org, July 20, 2003. Information on lawsuits initiated by Bassem Youssef and Wilfred Samuel Rattigan.
- "The FBI's Blindness to Radical Islam." DanielPipes.org, September 18, 2003. My central discussion of this topic, with multiple examples of the problem.
- "The FBI Loses Its Way [with Marwan Kreidie]." New York Sun, July 6, 2004. How the FBI awards and flatters someone who would tie its hands.
- "Another FBI Award for Marwan Kreidie?" DanielPipes.org, October 6, 2004. More bad news on the same subject.
- "George Soros Teaches the FBI Tolerance" (with Sharon Chadha). FrontPageMag.com, July 22, 2004. Reveals the dubious guidance FBI leadership has endorsed.
- "CAIR Accepted as 'Mainstream'." DanielPipes.org, July 30, 2004.
- "The U.S. Government's Poor Record on Islamists." DanielPipes.org, various dates. This entry notes several specific mistakes. How the Jacksonville, Fl. bureau received "sensitivity training" at the hands of CAIR. Daniel Roberts, special agent-in-charge of Detroit bureau, explains "Bridges," an FBI outreach program to Muslims. Director Mueller lauds MPAC.
- "The FBI Lets Slip the Truth." DanielPipes.org, May 25, 2006. The short saga of Pat Rose telling the truth about bureau monitoring of Muslims and the fevered efforts to retract her comments.
- "Lessons from the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorist List." DanielPipes.org, May 2, 2013. Notes that 30 out of 31 listed terrorists are Muslim.
And here are a pair where, concerning the Brandon Mayfield episode, I more happily defend the bureau:
Finally, some analysis of Muslim attitudes towards the FBI:
(April 14, 2006)
Related Topics: Bibliography, Counter-terrorism
receive the latest by email: subscribe to daniel pipes' free mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.
Comment on this item
See recent outstanding comments.