69 million page views

Divorce through shariah court

Reader comment on item: Which Privileges for Islam?
in response to reader comment: Shariah courts and coercion of women

Submitted by Sadya Diba (United Kingdom), Jun 27, 2007 at 06:17

hello ive been married for nearly 5 years now and i live in britain and who i got married to lives in pakistan and till today i dont want any relationship with him because i was forced to marry him, wheras i liked some one else. theres no physical relation between us nor do i speak to him. and i dont want to live with him i want a divorce. i havent even called him to britain weve been living seperate for 5 years now and want a divorce but my family are not allowing it so do u think i should apply through a shariah court divorce. i have no children aswell i dont like him and dont want to live with him

thank you

i hope to hear from you



Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2024 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)