The amazing Shahanda Miqlad and Morsi is told to Irhal or get lost!
Reader comment on item: Better Dictators than Elected Islamists
Submitted by dhimmi no more (United States), Dec 12, 2012 at 13:52
Thank you for a very great analysis for the unfolding tragedy in Egypt
But I wanted to bring to your attention the following:
1. The best source of information about the events in Cairo must be al-Jazeera as well as the web. Our so called free press? useless as usual
2. I wanted to bring to your attention the attack on an icon in Egypt and that is شاهندة مقلد or Shahanda Miqlad and she is a famous activist and a secularist since the 1960's who was the wife of Salah Hussein who was killed in 1966 and she carried his coffin and shouted the now famous saying by her: "صلاح فداكم ياثوار واحنا نكمل المشوار" or Salah (her late husband) protected (read this here as died for) O you revolutionaries and we will continue to walk (along his path)"
3. Shahanda was a participant in the Jan 25/21011 revolution and she also participated in the ongoing uprising by liberals and secularists in Cairo againts Morsi and his constitution and el-ikhwan and in this video you will see her shouting: "احنا المصريين الشعب المصري مش انتم" or we are the Egyptians and the people of Egypt are not you (read this as el-ikhan) and here is the video
4. And you can see this big fat guy covering her mouth! How disgusting
5. Well this big fat guy is a known member of Morsi's assistants and his name is Mohamed Mikhimar
How despicable that a big fat guy is trying to stop an old woman from expressing her god given right to protest and speak
Oh there is more about torture and of telling the parents of killed and injured protestors that if they tell the press that there children were members of the Muslim Brotherhood they will get some money and also of a dentist who is a member of al-ikhwan and was a member of Magles al-Sha3b by the name of Dr. Hazim Mohamed Faruq was caught on camera participating in the torture of innocent people
And what is most amazing is that you can hear the crowds shouting: Morsi Morsi Irhal Irhal or Morsi get lost the same slogan as in Mubarak Mubarak Irhal Irhal
Now back to Shahanda: Women in Egypt are very outspoken which islamists view as a threat
One final comment for now; I do believe that the risk of Egypt being another Iran is very possible
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Reader comments (72) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes