1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Excellent comment, Ploni!

Reader comment on item: Palestinians Who Helped Create Israel
in response to reader comment: Not much cause for hope

Submitted by Ianus (Poland), Apr 1, 2009 at 17:48

Hi, Ploni Almoni !

I like your comment very much. You see things very clearly.

> Mr. Pipes writes:

This offers cause for hope; indeed, were the 20 percent of Palestinians who accept Israel expanded to 60 percent, the Arab-Israeli conflict would close down.

Actually you need something a lot stronger. You need 60 percent, say, who not only accept Israel, but are both willing and able to wage a civil war if necessary to suppress the other 40 percent of Palestinians who would continue the armed struggle to liberate all of Palestine, from the river to the sea. <

If such a civil war really took place, then those 40% would swell overnight due to the rapid influx of innumerable jihadists from all over the anti-Jewish Moslem world making the task of those 60% even harder or rather hopeless.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Excellent comment, Ploni! by Ianus

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)