Amid the fury and violence of the Arab-Israeli conflict, a not-insignficant number of Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims maintain a high regard for the Jewish state. They represent the potential solution to this problem, so their views are more important than eccentric. Let us hope they augur a better future. In the meantime, here, in chronological order, updated as needed, are my writings on the subject. (January 2, 2008)
- "Palestinians Who Praise Israel." Forward, 11 February 1994. A post-Oslo declaration report, finding a ray of hope among the massive condemnations.
- "How Many Arabs and Muslims Accept Israel?" DanielPipes.org, July 24, 2003. Finds that some 20 percent generally indicatae a willingness to live with a Jewish state.
- "Canada's Pro-Israel Muslims." DanielPipes.org, August 26, 2004. Report on postive results from Canadian survey research.
- "The Hell of Israel Is Better than the Paradise of Arafat," Middle East Quarterly, Spring 2005. My main documentation of Palestinians who think well of Israel. The article contains two topics, "No Thank You, Palestinian Authority" and "Preferring Israel to the Arab Regimes."
- "Hamas is Worse than Israel, Worse than Sharon'." DanielPipes.org, April 13, 2005. A weblog entry that continuously updates this topic.
- "Palestinians Who Cling to Israel." July 6, 2005. Summarizes the Middle East Quarterly article.
- "Palestinians Who Prefer Israel." The Jerusalem Post, January 2, 2008. Documents the Palestinian response to an Israeli initiative to withdraw from parts of Jerusalem.
- "Palestinians Who Helped Create Israel." The Jerusalem Post, March 26, 2009. Concludes that so great was the cumulative assistance of pro-Zionist Palestinians in the period 1717-48 that "one wonders if the State of Israel could have come into existence without their contribution."
- "Ending the Palestinian 'Right of Return'." National Review Online, January 17, 2012.