69 million page views

Iranian People don't know

Reader comment on item: Conspiracy Theories in Iran's Unrest

Submitted by H (United States), Jun 29, 2009 at 08:54

Dear Mr Pipes,

As an Iranian who lives in Tehran an sees whats going on in streets of Tehran and how the governmentaI media lie to people, I really feel sorry. Shame on Them. I really appreciate what you said, you are completely right. But the problem is that most of the people in Iran even those who have suffered form the government or at least their family or relatives have suffered, even these people don't understand that this government is not only an Evil but also teaches Evil.

Mullahs have worked on people's mind during these 30 years. They made them maroons. Most people still think if they go to war with Israel or other countries that Mollahs call them "enemy" of Islam and kill others or be killed, then they will go to heaven. How do you expect to change these people!? Unfortunately more than 60 percent of Iranians are like that. The other 40 percent are not so radical but still many of them believe that Isalm is the key to solve our problems, they think this government is not Islamic cos Islam is "Something Else"!!.

Now at least 20 to 25 percent of educated or even non-educated people understand what you say and understand why the government lies so much and what the conspiracy theory is. This is Iran. This is what I've learned/seen/understood during 29 years of living in Tehran. To defeat this government, one of the most critical things is to have access to true news, media, etc. and as you know they have blocked almost all of the communication tools here like mobile phones, SMS, heavy Internet blocking and filtering and so on... . So what can we do!? We can't just face bullets from goverment thugs (basijis) and then nothing happens. Maybe we need a better "Manager" not "Leader" to manage the protests.

Sincerely yours,

H.

June 29, 2009
Tehran

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Iranian People don't know by H

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2024 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)