3 readers online now  |  69 million page views

"SCAF has ... an 80 percent chance of holding power" - I disagree and would give them 20%.

Reader comment on item: Egypt's Sixty Years of Misery

Submitted by Rob (United States), Jul 24, 2012 at 09:43

Egypt's military won't be any more successful containing its islamists than turkey's is -- especially, as we now know from hillary's recent meeting, hillary and obama have thrown in with the islamists against the military.

And re "Egypt and South Korea...were on a socio-economic par in 1952; now, Egypt has fallen far behind." We can be very grateful for that - that the peaceful democratic Koreans are the powerhouse, and the aggressive, primitive-thinking West-hating Egyptians are weak.

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to "SCAF has ... an 80 percent chance of holding power" - I disagree and would give them 20%. by Rob

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)