2 readers online now  |  69 million page views
You're invited: Join Daniel Pipes & MEF on a fact-finding mission
to Poland, Hungary & Austria. For more information, click here

From West Germany to the West Bank

Reader comment on item: Pushing for an Israeli Victory Is the Only Way to End the Conflict with the Palestinians

Submitted by Peter Weisz, Dec 5, 2018 at 20:32

Dear Daniel Pipes:

I was indeed gratified to listen to your recent remarks before the Begin/Sadat Foundation regarding the "Israel Victory" movement that was aired on my good friend, Josh Hasten's, Inside Israel podcast. Your trenchant words echoed a message that I have been pounding out for years...using many of the same parallels. I am interested in financially supporting your cause. Please let me know how to do so.

I would also like to direct your attention to a recent book by historian Frederick Taylor, "Exorcising Hitler." There is much Israel and we, in the pro-Israel community, can learn from the manner in which the Allies conducted the de-Nazification of postwar Germany. I am including a link to my article "From West Germany to the West Bank," in which I expound on this and advocate for an eventual policy of "deJihadisation." I would be indeed honored if you would have a look at this brief essay. I am certain that you will find content of value that may be used to strengthen your case.

Finally, permit me to express my admiration for your work in this area. It reminds me of the very first days of the Reagan administration in 1981 when the new president was asked about what his foreign policy would be regarding the US role in the Cold War. "Two words," he said. "We win." He was right and we did. You (and I) are right today. Let us hope that someday we can say the same about our outcome.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-weisz/from-west-germany-to-the-west-bank/10156546962432970/ Thank you. -Peter Weisz

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Submitting....

Submit a comment on this item

Reader comments (11) on this item

Title Commenter Date Thread
1What kind of victory the "Israeli Victory" means? [118 words]Vadim AnshelevichDec 8, 2018 13:22246438
Hamas [73 words]HaywardDec 7, 2018 23:19246432
2From West Germany to the West Bank [263 words]Peter WeiszDec 5, 2018 20:32246400
1Victory? [26 words]Stuart KaufmanDec 3, 2018 14:37246363
4An Israeli victory would also be an Arab victory, because it's the only option that would lead to mutual peace and prosperity. Here's how it would look: [309 words]G MarcusDec 3, 2018 10:43246356
A two front war would be hard [73 words]Eagle of NorwayDec 8, 2018 13:59246356
So Correct. thank You [48 words]Gary SackDec 3, 2018 09:40246354
the occupation dilemma [157 words]mythDec 3, 2018 06:57246350
Victory as a means of peace [145 words]Ilbert PhillipsDec 3, 2018 00:49246342
1Yes, but how does the Sunni rapprochement figure in? [122 words]DaveDec 2, 2018 21:22246341
Correction: These were not "460 rockets and missiles" [131 words]AnonDec 2, 2018 14:34246337

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to From West Germany to the West Bank by Peter Weisz

Email me if someone replies to my comment

See recent outstanding comments.

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

ADVERTISEMENTS

eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2018 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)