Reader comment on item: Islamism's Trajectory
Submitted by Bella (Australia), May 25, 2014 at 03:39
Instead of seeing evidence of Islamism growing more moderate, I see democracy bowing down to sharia. Just to mention a few recent examples that come to mind without thinking too hard -
- Lloyds bank in UK waives fees for Muslims to comply with sharia banking precepts, but charges normal fees to non Muslims,
- Sweden is soon to make criticism of government policy on immigration illegal,
- a push to gender segregate some university lectures,
- the Mohamed cartoon disaster,
- the prosecution of a British MP who read out work by an ex-prime minister ( ie Winston Chiurchill.) regarding his views on Islam / Muslims,
- the visit by the Pope to an outspoken Islamist determined to rid the world of Jews,
...shall I continue?
... Islamists don't need weapons. ... renouncing them does not mean they have renounced their war to turn Earth into a Caliphate. They have our stupidity and 'political correctness' winning the war for them on all democratic fronts..
It's time we woke up and fought back.
Unless each and every media outlet in the free world publishes those cartoons on the same day, we might as well start preparing to wear hijabs.
Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".
Daniel Pipes replies:
Both of these can be happening at the same time.
Reader comments (39) on this item
Comment on this item
Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum. Daniel J. Pipes