I am asked from time to time about the more "interesting" of may talks at institutions of higher education, so here is a list of them, updated as needed:
- Colorado College, September 10, 2002 – My encounter with Hanan Ashrawi.
- York University, January 28, 2003 – When I was guarded like a visiting U.S. president.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, December 3, 2003 – Focus on my maltreatment by the student newspaper, the Daily Illini.
- American University, January 20, 2004 – Silent walk out led by ACLU employee.
- University of California at Berkeley, February 10, 2004 – The worst speaking experience I have had.
- Duke University, October 14, 2004 – I am part of the lead-up to a "Palestine Solidarity Movement" conference.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, April 14, 2005 – Lots of build-up, followed by a most civilized experience.
- University of California-Irvine, January 31, 2007 – Videos of goons shouting at me and then yelling anti-Israel slogans as they march out of the hall.
- University of California at Los Angeles, April 12, 2007 - Four people out of several hundred disrupted. The university adminstration approved.
- Wayne State University, October 17, 2007 – An agitator gets thrown out, as he had wished for, while audience members display a rare ignorance and aggressiveness.
For a more complete listing of my talks, with select links to news coverage, see the Campus Speakers Bureau page. (March 27, 2005)
Related Topics: Academia, Bibliography, Daniel Pipes autobiographical
receive the latest by email: subscribe to daniel pipes' free mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.