1 readers online now  |  69 million page views

Muslims in Iran, in 2020, are a minority!

Reader comment on item: When Muslims Leave the Faith

Submitted by dhimmi no more (United States), Sep 26, 2020 at 08:50

Dr Pipes,

You might be interested in reading this study of "Iranians Attitudes Towards Religion, A 2020 Survey Report"

Notice that the number of Shi'a Muslims in Iran is only 32.2% and even if we add the number of Sunnis and Suffis in Iran, which is a total of 8.2%, the total number of Muslims in Iran is only 40.4%. This means that Muslims in Iran are really a minority and it seems to be happening so fast.

May be Firdawsi was correct in his epic poem: The Shahnemah, where he said, and I'm paraphrasing, there will always be the real Iran of the Shahenshah (The King of Kings)!

Here is the link to the survey by GAMAAN

https://gamaan.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/GAMAAN-Iran-Religion-Survey-2020-English.pdf

Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Muslims in Iran, in 2020, are a minority! by dhimmi no more

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)