Today's column, "Giuliani's Fresh Start," notes that "My writings and spoken statements over the past seven years have criticized the [Bush administration's] handling of Iraq, the war on terror, democratization, and (especially) the Arab-Israeli conflict." Here is a summary of those writings on the Arab-Israeli conflict, with new titles added as they appear.
- "[U.S. Government Statements on the Arab-Israeli Conflict: Confusing the Matter." New Republic Online April 1, 2002. How Washington contradicts itself.
- "Missing: Realistic Take on Arafat." Los Angeles Times, April 5, 2002. Another critique of U.S. government self-contradiction, this time focusing on a single speech by President George W. Bush.
- "Bush is rewarding terrorism." National Post June 25, 2002. I condemn the American president's landmark speech on the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- "Bush on Israel: Heartburn for All." New York Post March 4, 2003. Ruminations on the president's uncharacteristic inconsistency regarding the Arab-Israeli theater.
- "Throwing out the [Arab-Israeli] Rulebook." New York Post, June 17, 2003. Points out the deep radicalism of Bush's Arab-Israeli policy.
- "Colin Powell's Endless Patience." DanielPipes.org, January 30, 2004. An amusing survey of the secretary of state's hopes for Yasir Arafat.
- "Arafat's Last Threat to Israel?" The New York Sun, November 9, 2004. My worries about what can go wrong in the U.S.-Israel relationship during George W. Bush's second term.
- "U.S. Pressure for a Palestinian State." DanielPipes.org, November 12, 2004. Follows the newly-reelected president's urgency to reward the Palestinians with a state.
- "Bush and Israel – Stormy Weather Ahead?" DanielPipes.org, October 12, 2005. Worries about Bush getting too cozy with the Palestinians.
- "Will Annapolis Renew the 'Peace Process'? The Jerusalem Post, October 10, 2007. A condemnation-in-advance of the next round of negotiations.
- "Annapolis Blues." The Jerusalem Post, October 24, 2007. Another, fuller condemnation-in-advance of Bush's Arab-Israeli diplomacy.
- "What's Wrong With Annapolis." DanielPipes.org, November 27, 2007. Notes a statement of moral equivalence by the U.S. president.
- "U.S.-Israel Tensions, Post-Annapolis." DanielPipes.org, December 23, 2007. How the meeting creates new bilateral tensions.
(October 17, 2007)