Today's column, "Giuliani's Fresh Start," notes that "My writings and spoken statements over the past seven years have criticized the [Bush administration's] handling of Iraq, the war on terror, democratization, and (especially) the Arab-Israeli conflict." Here is a summary of those writings on the Arab-Israeli conflict, with new titles added as they appear.
- "[U.S. Government Statements on the Arab-Israeli Conflict: Confusing the Matter." New Republic Online April 1, 2002. How Washington contradicts itself.
- "Missing: Realistic Take on Arafat." Los Angeles Times, April 5, 2002. Another critique of U.S. government self-contradiction, this time focusing on a single speech by President George W. Bush.
- "Bush is rewarding terrorism." National Post June 25, 2002. I condemn the American president's landmark speech on the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- "Bush on Israel: Heartburn for All." New York Post March 4, 2003. Ruminations on the president's uncharacteristic inconsistency regarding the Arab-Israeli theater.
- "Throwing out the [Arab-Israeli] Rulebook." New York Post, June 17, 2003. Points out the deep radicalism of Bush's Arab-Israeli policy.
- "Colin Powell's Endless Patience." DanielPipes.org, January 30, 2004. An amusing survey of the secretary of state's hopes for Yasir Arafat.
- "Arafat's Last Threat to Israel?" The New York Sun, November 9, 2004. My worries about what can go wrong in the U.S.-Israel relationship during George W. Bush's second term.
- "U.S. Pressure for a Palestinian State." DanielPipes.org, November 12, 2004. Follows the newly-reelected president's urgency to reward the Palestinians with a state.
- "Bush and Israel – Stormy Weather Ahead?" DanielPipes.org, October 12, 2005. Worries about Bush getting too cozy with the Palestinians.
- "Will Annapolis Renew the ‘Peace Process'? The Jerusalem Post, October 10, 2007. A condemnation-in-advance of the next round of negotiations.
- "Annapolis Blues." The Jerusalem Post, October 24, 2007. Another, fuller condemnation-in-advance of Bush's Arab-Israeli diplomacy.
- "What's Wrong With Annapolis." DanielPipes.org, November 27, 2007. Notes a statement of moral equivalence by the U.S. president.
- "U.S.-Israel Tensions, Post-Annapolis." DanielPipes.org, December 23, 2007. How the meeting creates new bilateral tensions.
(October 17, 2007)
Related Topics: Arab-Israel conflict & diplomacy, Bibliography, US policy
receive the latest by email: subscribe to daniel pipes' free mailing list
This text may be reposted or forwarded so long as it is presented as an integral whole with complete and accurate information provided about its author, date, place of publication, and original URL.