69 million page views

Nuray: Kissing a stone, extant sources and is Allah the moon God?

Reader comment on item: Is Allah God?
in response to reader comment: Nuray: Basic Arabic , kissing a stone, and Allah ...

Submitted by dhimmi no more (United States), Jan 18, 2006 at 08:22

Dear Nuray:

I notice that you are still avoiding kissing the Ka'ba thing, and I'm still waiting for your answer here.

You wrote: "I won't read your second comment."

Which one is that? I hope it is not the one about kissing the black stone. More later.

Then you wrote: "No need to lose time for sending critics on non-religious matters like how smart I am."

So why are you angry? Did I hit a raw nerve? You are the one that bragged about google and the internet and all. Remember that?

All I did is to prove to you and to the readers that:

1. Your command of Arabic is poor.
2. Your ability to read the sources in google is just as poor.

So you tell me how can you go out and try to push your little cult of Islam when you cannot even read the primary sources of Islam (the Qur'an, the sira and the hadith) in the primary language of these sources which is Arabic? Hint: Translations are ta'weel (do you know what this word means?).

Then my question was: what evidence do you have that Allah that pre-Islamic Arabian pagan deity is indeed the God of the Jews and Christians and the Hidus and the Buddhists and the rest of humanity."

Your reply was nothing but pious DRIVEL!!

And I'm going to try to help you again:

1. A good historian, which you do not seem to be, should be able to answer the question: "what really happened?" as in what evidence do we have that Allah is or is not the God of the Jews and Christians. And the answer here would be based on examining the EXTANT (Ah that nasty word again that you elected to delete and I suspect because you had no clue what it means. Now google it and tell us what it means) evidence from the time period in question which in this case is the 6th and 7th centuries CE. So how do you do that? You must examine extant literary sources, coins, epigraphy etc... for the time period in both Muslim/Arabic sources, and sources external to the Muslim/Arabic sources and in this case it would be the Syriac, Greek, Armenian, Coptic and Jewish sources. And yes this is available to historians in the Hoyland survey. Now you go and do your home work and tell us what you find. And remember that it is you that has to prove that your Allah is the God of the Jews and Christians. Good luck, becuase you will need it.

2. Holy books be it the Bible or the Qur'an or the Gita or whatever are not history books. They are books with history behind them.

3. Trying to prove your point by using the Qur'an or the Bible for this matter as evidence is circualr reasoning. It does not work in the real world.

Then you wrote: "Hinduism and Buddhism are never mentioned in (the) holly (sic) books of Jews and Christians and Muslims."

Could it be because the God(s) of the semites had no clue that these religions existed?

Then you wrote: "Perhaps they are not originally generated from the (the) Middle East"

I will let the readers judge your very funny comment here.

Then you wrote: "But they can be put in the category of idol worshipping."

By whom? By you? So Nuray let us talk about about idol "worshipping" in Islam as in kissing the black stone and what is the difference between kissing a filthy balck stone in the Ka'ba and kissing a statue in a Catholic Church or a Hindu temple? And let me help you there is no difference. But again Muhammad or is it Allah was not a systematic theologian.
Submitting....

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to Nuray: Kissing a stone, extant sources and is Allah the moon God? by dhimmi no more

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List
eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2020 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)