4 readers online now  |  69 million page views
You're invited: Join Daniel Pipes & MEF on a fact-finding mission
to Poland, Hungary & Austria. For more information, click here

I will believe that moderate Islam exists if

Reader comment on item: Melbourne's Petite, Shy, Honors-Student Jihadi
in response to reader comment: Moderate Islam?

Submitted by Prashant, Dec 17, 2018 at 20:23

Dear Dr Pipes, I will believe that moderate Islam exists when some of the following things happen with decent frequency of occurrence:

1. There is a candle light vigil by some Muslims on some city square in sympathy with the Yazidis
and other people harmed by Muslims.

2. I meet some Muslims who do not criticize Israel.

3. I meet some Muslims but do not hear the words Islam/Muslim/Ummah from them (by all means they should keep their faith and worship)

4. I see a fight for secular democracy in some sections of the Islamic society.

5. I see men and women protesting together for women's
rights in Islamic lands.

6. I see lots of Islamic country working with peace with each other.

This will be a good start but there could be many more such points.

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Submitting....

Submit a comment on this item

Reader comments (13) on this item

Title Commenter Date Thread
Kuffar. [75 words]
w/response from Daniel Pipes
AlbertE.Jan 6, 2019 18:31247006
2Moderate Islam? [40 words]Reynald de ChatillonDec 16, 2018 23:31246585
4I will believe that moderate Islam exists if [137 words]PrashantDec 17, 2018 20:23246585
3re momena shoma's knife attack [50 words]sima skaricaDec 2, 2018 10:35246333
Momena Shoma: Betrayal of the worst kind [207 words]PrashantNov 26, 2018 22:34246260
3Is this "moderate Islam"? [12 words]Michael SNov 24, 2018 01:44246229
4Jihadists and mental health problems [109 words]dhimmi no moreNov 23, 2018 13:49246222
4A simple oath [87 words]PrashantNov 22, 2018 21:45246216
2Simple Government Clearance Techniques Should Be Used [137 words]DaveNov 22, 2018 11:46246206
It's probably the Niqab which threw them off. [84 words]AnonNov 22, 2018 09:01246202
2The comments about Momena, are more a refection of writers bias, than clear thinking [299 words]Ray ExleyDec 1, 2018 14:46246202
she was simply sick [131 words]wealth swiftDec 2, 2018 21:20246202
2Teaching the Children [71 words]TomDec 5, 2018 15:07246202

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to I will believe that moderate Islam exists if by Prashant

Email me if someone replies to my comment

See recent outstanding comments.

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

ADVERTISEMENTS

eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2019 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)