6 readers online now  |  69 million page views

dhimmi... you have no clue as to who I am or whence I come!

Reader comment on item: Mahram Despotism vs. Saudi Women
in response to reader comment: our dear Bill's girl and Islam is the religion of the Hijazi Arabs only the long version

Submitted by bill's girl (Saudi Arabia), Nov 2, 2009 at 10:57

You wrote: >> >"rabina yu3alimuha ina al-islam deen al-3arab faqat"Where do you come up with this stuff?

What stuff? let me guess: you have no clue what rabina yu3alimuha ina al-islam deen al-3arab faqat right darling? then why did you not ask one of your Arab masters to tell you what it means? or could it be that you are shy to admit to them that you do not know any Arabic? so which one is it?

>... really? Plz provide some reference,

Hello: Q14:4

> otherwise it holds very little weight,

So are you saying that the words of your Allah "hold little weight"? do you think that I should tell al-wahabiyuun that you our dear Girl believes that Q14:4 "holds little weight? what do you think darling?<<

Since you claim to be the expert in Arabic, please point out where exactly in verse 14:4, you find the words: 'rabina yu3alimuha ina al-islam deen al-3arab faqat'.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ بِلِسَانِ قَوْمِهِ لِيُبَيِّنَ لَهُمْ فَيُضِلُّ اللّهُ مَن يَشَاء وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allâh misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. (Ibrahim 14:4)

>>Plz provide some reference,

Hello: Q14:4<<

This verse which you claim states: 'rabina yu3limuha ina al-islam deen al-3arab faqat' does not. You are trying to force your own interpretation of the verse on everyone that tries to discuss anything with you.

Furthermore, either you lack complete understanding of the English language or you are purposely twisting what I have written. Any person who is familiar with the English language will recognize that I am stating that your argument holds no weight since you give no reference and everything you write seems to be your own opinion.

Your continual insistence that this 'rabina yu3limuha ina al-islam deen al-3arab faqat' is in Q14:4 shows that you are either 1. not familiar with the Quran, 2. hoping that we are in fact 'ignorant' about the Quran and won't know the difference, or 3. truly just a liar.

ROTFL Paki Arabic darling it is called Surat al-Baqara there is no letter hah or heh at the end

بقرة

No, there is no ح or ه but there is a tah marbouta ة which some would transliterate as 'ah'.

As for your transliterations and scoffing at everyone else's… we all know that transliteration is the spelling of words from one language using a different alphabet. Since different languages have different sound systems, it won't always be exact, and words may be transliterated in more than one way. Your transliterations are not the absolute and only way to transliterate the Arabic language.

Now, I have two words for you: 1. Dictionary, 2. Thesaurus

You nit-pick about the use of the word 'mankind' in the translations, but it is not so inappropriate a word as you would like us all to believe.

ناس - بشر: people, human beings, mankind, humankind (Al-Mawrid Al-Quareeb المرد القريب)

سورة الناس (ن ؤ س) [suratu an-nas] – Chapter of Mankind (A dictionary of Islamic terms)

الناس (ن ؤ س) – men, people (Note: The word is a collective noun; some grammarians have regarded it as a plural of إنسان (mankind) – see also أ ن س :

إنُسٌ – - man

إنُسَانٌ - - man

أُنَاسٌ – men

نَاسٌ - men

(from: Vocabulary of the Holy Qur'an)

The definition of 'people' is: 1. Persons collectively or in general; the people: the mass of persons without special distinction, privileges, etc. (Collins Dictionary). 1 plural : human beings making up a group or assembly or linked by a common interest. 2. Plural: HUMAN BEINGS, PERSONS. (Mirriam-Webster Dictionary)

The definition of 'mankind': human beings collectively (Collins Dictionary). the human race : the totality of human beings (Mirriam-Webster Dictionary).

From the Thesaurus:

people

Meaning: 1 human beings in general

Synonyms folks, humanity, humankind, public, society, world

mankind

Meaning: the human race

Synonyms Homo sapiens, humanity, humankind, man

Related Words being, body, creature, fellowman, human, individual, mortal, party, person

And from another thesaurus:

Mankind

Definition: human race

Synonyms: homo sapiens, flesh, human species, humanity, humankind, man, mortality, people, society

People

Definition: human beings

Synonyms: bodies, body politic, citizens, clan, common people, … human race, humanity, humankind, humans, …

The two have same meaning and are used synonymously.

>And verse 47 – O Children of Israel! Remember My Favour which I bestowed upon you… (2:47)

ROTFL do you know what this aya means let me help you: Your Allah is saying

ya bani israela idhkuru ni3mati al-lati an3amta 3alaykum wa ini fadaltukum 3ala al-3alameen

3. Where do I find in the above aya that islam is the relgion of kul al-bashar or all of man/woman kind? you will not find it<<

I know what the verse means, and the point is that it is not addressing the 'hijazi Arabs'.

>>ROTFL Paki Arabic it is surat al-nisa' where is the hamza darling? and what is this Paki An-? Oh lam shamsiyya? right darling?<<

The hamza is in the Arabic language, and has no equivalent in the English language… again it is up to the transliterator as to how they would put this in their own language. I have seen it as Al-Nisa, An-Nisa, Al-Nisaa, An-Nisa'a, and as you write, al-nisa'. There is no absolute since the hamza is not available in the English alphabet or other alphabets. But, you are simply nit-picking here about something which has no relevance at all to the topic at hand.

More nit-picking:

> verse 79 – Whatever of good reaches you, is from God, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself. And We have sent you (O Mohammed) as a Messenger to mankind, and God is Sufficient as a Witness. (4:79)

Really? so where would i find the name of muhammad in this aya?<

As you will notice, the 'O Mohammed' is in parenthesis, showing to the reader that this is not part of the original text, but an explanation. This is quite acceptable as it is obviously taken from the translation.

Now, are you arguing that this is addressing someone other than Muhammed?

>> Missing are the Hindus and the Buddhists and the atheists and the Wiccans and lots of other religions<<

Pagan religions. Religions that do not believe in the God of Abraham, and religions that are not considered as monotheistic.

>> …the Prophet who can neither read nor write who believes in God and His Words [(this Quran), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and also God's Word 'Be!'…<<

If the English is too difficult for you (and perhaps the Arabic is not available to you), this is referring to the books that the Prophet believes in, so no, it wouldn't include Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, or 'lots of other religions'. Or, again you may just be creating an argument out of nothing.

> How pathetic that you depend on translations to tell us what the Qur'an a book that you cannot read in Arabic really says.<

And how pathetic of you to rely on some book to give you a few transliterations of select verses with some 'bogus' interpretations by non-muslims…

> Darling I already dealt with this in a previus blog right darling?<

Uh, you perhaps 'dealt with it'/stated your interpretations and opinions but it was around the same time that I was replying to your original suggestion of these verses. If you notice the timing of the posts, they were posted hours from each other. If truth be told, I had submitted mine the day before and it was obviously held up in the approval process.

>>So who was the rasul that was sent to your Hindu umma darling because he ain't Muhammad as he was sent to his umma the Hijazi Arabs right darling?<<

But you are proving to be quite dense! I am not Hindu. And the messenger that was sent to my 'umma' is Muhammed! Okay. Now more than ever, thank you very much, I am convinced that Islam is the right choice for me. And I thank you because in this little discourse, I have looked into aspects that I had not previously thought about. So, now I state for the record that I testify that there is only one God, The God- Allah, and that Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah.

And, let us see what does the word 'umma' (or as others may transliterate it 'ummah') mean?

أمة - nation, people (from المورد القريب – Al-Mawrid Al-Quareeb Arabic-English Dictionary)

- Community, group (from Vocabulary of the Holy Qur'an)

- A people, a nation, a race. (from The Dictionary of Islamic Terms)

Again, 'people' which we previously saw means human beings and is synonymous with humankind and mankind.

Community, group – I think it is safe to say that Muslims form a community, a group. One always hears/reads: 'the Muslim community'

>> So who was the rasul that nuzi3a in India where your Hindu umma is located? <<

And, once again, I am not Hindu!

Here, once again you are basing this argument on your interpretation of the verse (with a very narrow sense of the word).

> >rather than to 'Hijazi Arabs only'.

So how do you explain Q14:4 darling? I'm not the author of this poor theology I only tell you what it syas in Arabic a language that you cannot read speak or write < <

But you see, it doesn't say: 'to Hijazi Arabs only' as you would have us believe.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ بِلِسَانِ قَوْمِهِ لِيُبَيِّنَ لَهُمْ فَيُضِلُّ اللّهُ مَن يَشَاء وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

> Darling I do not have to prove anything to you it is you that told us about Hagarism without knowing and you thought that it is in Meccan Trade then it is you that have you provide the evidence that you read the book but again Greek logic is beyond poor Muslim education and you are a fake and big time falhlawiyya shame on you <

I have not told you anything about Hagarism, I have quoted to you from reviews of the book Meccan Trade. You are the one who is confusing the two.

Of course, you believe yourself to be the expert, and to be the only person that reads anything, so you refuse to offer any proof to anything you say, yet you demand it of others!

As for the book Hagarism, I agree with reviews that this is a racist book, as she offers to give a new name to Islam (Hagarism) and Muslims (Hagarenes)! And, both of these books that you choose to continuously refer to are based on nothing. They were written by non-Muslims, and completely disregard any Islamic sources. Many Western scholars and experts (including Christian & Jewish) have dismissed these books as 'thin arguments', 'a graduate essay' and no more.

> Really? there is such thing as "a Roman Catholic community" In the US? <

Lol… but you choose to only look at the sense of the word which suits you, or is your understanding of English really that limited?!

Perhaps I should explain 'community' to you as well:

Community (Collins English Dictionary): 1) the people living in one locality. 2) a group of people having cultural, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics in common: the Protestan community (or the Catholic or Muslim community!) …

Oh wait, 'umma' is also translated as 'community'!

Some synonyms for community: affinity, identity, kinship, likeness, neighborhood, society, people, commonality…

> You are poorly educated person <

Lol… and what would make you say this? Have you any knowledge of my education? Of the schools I have attended or the books I have read? NO! Again, making your own assumptions and hoping that we will buy into it. However, if we were to critique your writing, we might say that you were poorly educated, for it is riddled with misspellings and grammatical errors.

> By whom? oh let me guess by your imaginary Bill? How pathetic <

The only thing imaginary is that YOU might be an educated person. Intellectuals and educated individuals have no need to patronize others with name calling and labeling, or to belittle others' beliefs.

> darling: I was able to tell right away that you ain't a woman and that you do not know ay Arabic and that you are either a Pakisatni or Indian Muslim <

This is just plain and simple stubbornness, and quite ridiculous for I am none of the above! But that is neither here nor there when it comes to the discussion of 'Islam being for hijazi Arabs'. Again, you deviate in your argument to throw what perhaps in your mind is an insult. J It is not an insult to me; I just simply am not Pakistani or Indian Muslim. If you want to keep repeating your deluded opinion, go right on ahead. It is the same thing that you have thrown at everyone who has ever questioned anything you write.

And, why do you think that anyone who has any opinion that differs from yours is either Pakistani or Hindu? Why is it so hard for you to accept that Islam is studied by many, and that many non-Arab, non-Pakistani, non-Hindus claim it as their religion? Why does that bother you so much that you feel the need to 'urge' every one of these people to 'abandon Islam'?

> You are a wannabe Arab and no more <

I am very secure in my identity and my culture. I have no need to desire to be something that God has not meant me to be. I am American, plain and simple.

And you are Arab, should we say wannabe American?!

> this is the same Allah who calls the Jews al-khanazeer wa al-quruud <

Here's a suggestion, buy a good book of Tafseer/Exegesis of the Quran. For the Quran does not call the Jews pigs or monkeys. Again, taking things out of context.

> Well, not that it is ANY of your business, Bill is my father.

But you just told me that he is your daddy? where does big Bill live? ...Do us a favor and get a grip<

If you are not familiar with American lingo, this is a common expression… "Not that it is any of your business, …" But then again, I'm sure you are once again just arguing for arguments sake… nit-picking about inconsequential matters.

However, now that I think about it, this is somehow reminiscent to your going on about you providing the transliteration and to not ask you for the translation only to proceed by giving the translation anyway!

It doesn't really matter where my father lives because you won't accept the truth anyway. In your mind he can only live in either Pakistan or India. Go on, live with your fantastically erroneous beliefs.

In reality, you are the one that needs to 'get a grip', and step outside your little box. Put down that little book of select verses to disprove Islam and do some real reading.

Good bye.


Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

Submitting....

Submit a comment on this item

<< Previous Comment      Next Comment >>

Reader comments (54) on this item

Title Commenter Date Thread
No one lay awake at night because Saudi women couldn't drive [121 words]Anon.Aug 2, 2019 15:19252240
Pity the sons-in-law of these Saudi women. [45 words]M.D.Jul 20, 2009 20:55159083
1Women's Lack of Rights Should be Focused on Much More [354 words]Ron ThompsonJul 20, 2009 18:37159079
Mahram Despotism vs. Saudi Women [164 words]Firozali A.MullaJul 20, 2009 01:34159047
1Confused Mulla [47 words]VijayJul 25, 2009 12:05159047
Mahram Despotism vs. Saudi Women [153 words]firozali A. MullaJul 25, 2009 21:38159047
12Our dear Mulla and the absurd [495 words]dhimmi no moreJul 26, 2009 07:13159047
9Our dear Mullah and the law [694 words]dhimmi no moreJul 27, 2009 07:28159047
We have one the Quran. [81 words]firozali A. MullaJul 27, 2009 22:33159047
9Our dear Mullah seems to have nothing to say [498 words]dhimmi no moreJul 30, 2009 06:11159047
Our dear Dhimmi no more... plz [466 words]Bill's girlOct 25, 2009 02:52159047
7our dear Bill's girl and breast feeding of the adult and Arabian imperialism and other sordid matters [1156 words]dhimmi no moreOct 27, 2009 08:59159047
5our dear Bill's girl and more evidence that the Qur'an a book that you cannot read in Arabic says that islam is religion of the Hijazi Arabs only [314 words]dhimmi no moreOct 27, 2009 20:22159047
3our dear Bill's girl and more evidence that islam is religion of the Hijazi Arabs only part deux [377 words]dhimmi no moreOct 28, 2009 07:17159047
3our dear Bill's girl and more evidence that islam is religion of the Hijazi Arabs only part trois [362 words]dhimmi no moreOct 28, 2009 07:35159047
re to dhimmi no more - 'Islam is for Hijazi Arabs' [1118 words]bill's girlOct 28, 2009 07:43159047
3Islam is really the religion of the Arabs only and you ain't one [461 words]dhimmi no moreOct 30, 2009 07:27159047
re: dhimmin no more - Hejaz [68 words]jessieOct 30, 2009 13:17159047
3Our dear Jessie victim of Arabian imperialism [544 words]dhimmi no moreOct 30, 2009 21:45159047
4our dear Bill's girl and Islam is the religion of the Hijazi Arabs only the long version [2932 words]dhimmi no moreOct 31, 2009 10:49159047
4Our dear Bill's girl and the word tablighees and Islamic delusions [381 words]dhimmi no moreOct 31, 2009 13:52159047
1re: dhimmi no more - bogus translation or incomplete verses [1972 words]bill's girlOct 31, 2009 16:36159047
re: dhimmi no more - discrediting the 'breast-feeding of the adult' [1853 words]bill's girlOct 31, 2009 18:09159047
quotes? [33 words]jessieNov 1, 2009 03:28159047
get a grip [221 words]jessieNov 1, 2009 03:45159047
hagarism [190 words]jessieNov 1, 2009 04:03159047
6Now Our dear Girl admits that there is such thing as hadith breast feeding of the adult and as if we did not know [286 words]dhimmi no moreNov 1, 2009 07:00159047
4Our dear Girl Bill's girl that is and hadith breast feeding of the adult and the fun goes on and on [234 words]dhimmi no moreNov 1, 2009 09:17159047
4Our dear Girl discredits a hadith that is regarded as hadith sahih and it is breast feeding of the adult hadith and what a scandal [91 words]dhimmi no moreNov 1, 2009 09:22159047
4Our dear Girl whose daddy is bill and his lesson in liguistics and history of language [912 words]dhimmi no moreNov 1, 2009 13:21159047
1tablighee by dhimmi no more [387 words]bill's girlNov 2, 2009 06:40159047
5Our dear Jessie and on being clueless [427 words]dhimmi no moreNov 2, 2009 07:24159047
6The Muslim mind and poor Muslim education [294 words]dhimmi no moreNov 2, 2009 07:33159047
5Our dear Jessie and her poor Muslim education [434 words]dhimmi no moreNov 2, 2009 08:04159047
dhimmi... you have no clue as to who I am or whence I come! [2536 words]bill's girlNov 2, 2009 10:57159047
right, dhimmi the expert on everything and everyone [381 words]bill's girlNov 2, 2009 11:20159047
5Our dear Girl and Syriac [40 words]dhimmi no moreNov 4, 2009 11:10159047
4Teaching Arabic to wannabe Arabs and the Qur;an says that Islam is really the relligion of the Hijazi Arabs only [637 words]dhimmi no moreNov 8, 2009 16:36159047
4Cherry picking time and Islamic paganism [379 words]dhimmi no moreNov 10, 2009 11:44159047
4Mistakes in grammar and spelling in the Qur'an and I'm in good company part deux [265 words]dhimmi no moreNov 10, 2009 12:07159047
3Our dear Girl [171 words]dhimmi no moreNov 10, 2009 13:01159047
4Islam is really the religion of the Arabs but it seems that 70% of the books of islam were written by Persians (gasp!) [388 words]dhimmi no moreNov 10, 2009 13:27159047
4Mistakes in grammar and spelling in the Qur'an and I'm in good company part trois [259 words]dhimmi no moreNov 12, 2009 16:29159047
7Our dear Bill's girl and monotheism [337 words]dhimmi no moreNov 12, 2009 16:56159047
3bill's girl's ad hominem & insulting argument [552 words]byzantinistNov 19, 2010 02:15159047
14Early Islam and Hagarism and Meccan Trade and the problem of the early islamic sources [1359 words]dhimmi no moreNov 21, 2010 09:32159047
dnm: good point about Quran restriction to Arabs however it has a precedent in the New Testament which was overridden [130 words]ShishirApr 17, 2013 09:57159047
What the Bible says [72 words]UgriApr 18, 2013 02:28159047
1The Denial of Muslimas [251 words]SusanJul 20, 2009 00:55159045
The Denial of Muslimas??? [177 words]bill's girlOct 25, 2009 03:06159045
7Our dear Bills' girl and reality check [563 words]dhimmi no moreOct 31, 2009 17:12159045
Dhimmi no more blog ? [25 words]Al QayyamNov 24, 2009 06:25159045
5Reading the Qur'an [76 words]dhimmi no moreNov 24, 2009 18:05159045
Wajeha al-Huweidar [24 words]SvetlanahJul 19, 2009 23:39159042

Comment on this item

Mark my comment as a response to dhimmi... you have no clue as to who I am or whence I come! by bill's girl

Email me if someone replies to my comment

Note: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the authors alone and not necessarily those of Daniel Pipes. Original writing only, please. Comments are screened and in some cases edited before posting. Reasoned disagreement is welcome but not comments that are scurrilous, off-topic, commercial, disparaging religions, or otherwise inappropriate. For complete regulations, see the "Guidelines for Reader Comments".

See recent outstanding comments.

Follow Daniel Pipes

Facebook   Twitter   RSS   Join Mailing List

ADVERTISEMENTS

eXTReMe Tracker

All materials by Daniel Pipes on this site: © 1968-2019 Daniel Pipes. daniel.pipes@gmail.com and @DanielPipes

Support Daniel Pipes' work with a tax-deductible donation to the Middle East Forum.Daniel J. Pipes

(The MEF is a publicly supported, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Contributions are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Tax-ID 23-774-9796, approved Apr. 27, 1998.

For more information, view our IRS letter of determination.)